Test Drive Unlimited 2 coming back on line

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Whoamus wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:28 pm I have a question. If I use the unofficial patch, can I still copy over my saved game folder and use?
AFAIK you can use your save on a modded game. But once you make a new save in the modified game, you can not use that one on the original TDU2. So make sure you BU your original save somewhere safe. :ugeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yes Mad is correct , so always keep a virgin copy of your save file just in case. ;)
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Thanks Bez and Mad. My original is backed up on a separate NAS device that I only power up to back up stuff so I am good. Give this a try in the next few days.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Got in from deep space and decided to give this a shot while I take a well deserved shore leave after a year out. Installed and runs great. I only did the basic install with the unofficial patch. Did not need the universal launcher, just two additional steps to run. My saved game copied over correctly and I started in a garage filled with various color Ferrari. Still learning to use the Xbox controller but not crashing into stuff too much. My settings were all for my wheel but changed easy enough, still needs some tweaking but works great. If I want to give the wheel a try, I can just copy over the original save. Not sure my wheel will fit on this new desk anyway, the keyboard drawer is actually a desk drawer that the front folds down. Also I was interested in playing on the 55" screen in the living room with the Steam Link. I saw what appeared to be a couple of other players but must be some type of bot. Think I had seen these before but forgot. Thanks for the assistance to get this running again. :2thumbsup:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Glad you got it up and running. :rightthumbup:

Yea i saw a few boys driving around i also forgot about those as well :lol:

It still feels good to drive around the island even though i am alone. :D
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bez wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:20 pm Glad you got it up and running. :rightthumbup:

I did have to use the Universal launcher in order to run the game with the Steam Link. I start the game with that so I don't have to click the few extra steps through the warnings. Curious what you use for the steering settings with the controller. I have poked around a bit but info is scarce with a game this old. I have sensitivity to zero but still find I turn too fast. I do have the general setting to sport but maybe need full assist. What about speed factor and dampening?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:48 pm
Bez wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:20 pm Glad you got it up and running. :rightthumbup:

I did have to use the Universal launcher in order to run the game with the Steam Link. I start the game with that so I don't have to click the few extra steps through the warnings. Curious what you use for the steering settings with the controller. I have poked around a bit but info is scarce with a game this old. I have sensitivity to zero but still find I turn too fast. I do have the general setting to sport but maybe need full assist. What about speed factor and dampening?
I'm a little busy with the competition stuff at the moment but as soon as i get time i will post my settings, unless someone else can help. :think:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bez wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:12 pm
I'm a little busy with the competition stuff at the moment but as soon as i get time i will post my settings, unless someone else can help. :think:
No need to bother with this. I just needed to get accustomed to using a controller and found a setting that seems good to me. Really enjoying this game all over again.
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

The project still going in good direction, some fresh news that raises my hopes :clap:

https://turboduck.net/forums/topic/3754 ... 20-update/
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They are organizing things like police chases and other events, primarily in TDU1.
The Community keeps these gems alive.

I have been tempted to re-install both originals, as TC2 continues to fail to impress.
But for now i keep doing my daily NY to SF Hypercar runs, despite traffic and crazy weather.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”