Prize draw Discussion

Drop in and chat about anything
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

If you have any questions about the upcoming Prize Draw or just want to say something about it then post here. :rightthumbup:

Also if anyone would like to donate any keys for the draw then please PM me. :mrgreen:
:tdudt:

LINK to Prize Draw Thread: tdu-drivetime-birthday-draw-t7673.html#p61088
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Tier 1: Updated ..........More to come. :D

Still lots of time to enter, just don't leave it too late. ;)
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Replying to @Lunytrickz's post in the Comp thread.

Sorry no Steam gift cards up for grabs but TDU 3 is still a long way off yet so it could still come up in another giveaway in the future. ;)

In the mean time (if you win one of the draws ) you might as well enjoy the free games wile you wait. :D
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Will post tomorrow how i am thinking of getting the draw to work. ;)
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok so this is how i thought the draw might work best. :mrgreen:

(let me know if you have any better ideas) ;)

I was going to use this site to do the draw , it is totally random and i can add as many names to the wheel as i need.
LINK to site: https://wheelofnames.com/#

I would like to do the draw live but i am not set up for that sort of thing (still looking into it) but if i can't then what i will do is record it in one take for all of the draws and post the video on here.
(I can assure everyone that it will be done in one take and all above board :| )

So here is how i am thinking it will work so it is fair to everyone.
  • I will enter everyone's name who has posted in the Birthday thread onto the wheel.
  • I will then spin the wheel three times, each time it stops on a name that name will automatically be removed from the next draw so no one gets to win twice :twisted:
  • As the winners are picked that will be the order they have won, first name will be 1st prize, second name will be 2nd prize, third name will be 3rd prize.
I have also come up with what i think is a fair way of distributing the prizes so hopefully no one gets a game they already have. :(
  • The first prize winner will get to pick one game from Tier 1, one game from Tier 2 and two games from Tier 3
(I will then remove those games and second winner will get to do the same, then it will be the turn of the third prize winner)

This will repeat till all of the games are gone this way you will get to pick your own games, and the higher up the prize draw your name comes out means you get the better pick each time. :D

(Even second and third prize winners will have a chance at some good games, and maybe if someone has one of those better games they will leave it and pick something else anyway :o )

Plus don't forget even if you are only left with games you already have or don't want you could pass the keys on to friends instead of activating them :rightthumbup:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Sounds like a plan. Do you really need to record live or even record for that matter? You are donating and contestants should be able to trust your method of picking winners. To me that extra effort is just wasted and few would watch.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:31 pm Sounds like a plan. Do you really need to record live or even record for that matter? You are donating and contestants should be able to trust your method of picking winners. To me that extra effort is just wasted and few would watch.
Yes you a probably right about the live recording (problem is i don't have a decent microphone and don't own a camera) but at the very least i have a program that will record whats on my PC screen so i will make some sort of recording of the draw and post it on the forum so everyone can see how it works. ;)
Image Image
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

do U already have all those game key's?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Lunytrickz wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:44 pm do U already have all those game key's?
Yes and more, just haven't had time to post the photos at the moment (something else going on i can't talk about)

Only key i haven't got yet is for WRC 9 as it is not out yet but it is on order. ;)
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Tier 2 Games now added to the list :o
Image Image

Return to “The Lay-by”