Nvidia RTX 30XX

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

RTX has matured with the new 30 series line up. Ngreed has slightly reduced as well. Time for an upgrade? :think:
The RTX3070 looks like the winner to me. Let's see what 3rd parties come up with soon :ugeek:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Want a RTX 3070, 3x the performance of my decent GTX 1070, and i finally have money to burn on hardware again, so yes. Getting a RTX 3070 ROG Strix when they come out.

GTX 1070 is about the same performance as a GTX 980Ti for reference.

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Beardroid91 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:01 pm Want a RTX 3070, 3x the performance of my decent GTX 1070, and i finally have money to burn on hardware again, so yes. Getting a RTX 3070 ROG Strix when they come out.
Same here, I have a 1070. Will be looking to upgrade to 30 series real soon. :woot:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I'm still getting more than i need out of my GTX 1080 so no need to upgrade just yet. :mrgreen:

Maybe when we get some details on TDUSC PC requirements but that could be a wile yet. :(
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bez, to be fair so am i with my GTX 1070 at 2560x1440p, but my Dell screen 5+ years old now, and my GTX 1070 FTW is about 3,8 years old now, so getting to be upgrade time. I want to sell the GTX 1070 on before one of the two fans on it becomes worse, as it has a little clunk noise when it starts and stops spinning, and i don't want to deal with it, as it cost 20+ USD on ebay to get a set of replacement fans for it.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:45 am Bez, to be fair so am i with my GTX 1070 at 2560x1440p, but my Dell screen 5+ years old now, and my GTX 1070 FTW is about 3,8 years old now, so getting to be upgrade time. I want to sell the GTX 1070 on before one of the two fans on it becomes worse, as it has a little clunk noise when it starts and stops spinning, and i don't want to deal with it, as it cost 20+ USD on ebay to get a set of replacement fans for it.
Ok i see what you mean. :D
Then i guess it's time to upgrade. :banana-dance:

I'm just trying to get the most out of my card as i can before i move on as these things are not cheep :shock:

At the moment i play games on a 4K 32inch monitor and get quite good frame rates the only time i get issues is if i also plug my 24inch monitor in as well and use both together. :(
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

I have a GTX 1070 also. The 3070 looks like the card I would get when I decide to upgrade but I will hold off for a while. Let the pipeline fill up, wait for the sales on these cards. In a few months there will be plenty of opportunity to pick one of these up at a better price after the first wave of buyers tapers off.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Found the pictures of my upcoming card, if all goes well, the Asus ROG RTX 3070 Strix. Luckily only 2x 8-pin power, and not the crazy 12-pin or 3x 8-pin powers, so don't need new cables.

These ones made me laugh pretty good. (You might want to turn down the volume abit.)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If your expensive last gen card gets overtaken by the top mid tier next gen, people might get angry :loll:
But you can not really judge Nvidia for doing a good job, can you?
That is like blaming Mercedes for becoming World Champions of F1 way too many times in a row. :mrgreen:

I gues AMD has to buckle up. :party:

PS Funny how many of you guys have a GTX1070. I have one in my HTPC that i currently use to play games on the big screen TV.
I will have to wait until Zotac will make a mini version of the RTX3070. Not in a hurry. ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “PC”