Strange internet problems

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Anyone having problems with the Internet?

I can connect and start chrome and even do a serch but all of my links won't connect .

This is the same on my desktop and laptop but not on my android tablet :shock:

This leads me to think it is windows update problems (I am having to post this on the tablet because I can't on my desktop or laptop )

I have tried resetting everything but nothing works :angry-banghead:

Anyone got any ideas?
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

I use Firefox but did a quick search and found this https://windowsreport.com/chrome-bookmarks-issues/ . Maybe a few things you can try.
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Open the Command Prompt (cmd) and try the following commands:

ping www .destinationwebsite.com (insert the website address you're trying to reach and observer packet loss percentage.

tracert www .destinationwebsite.com By tracing the route of packets sent we can determine where the packet loss occurs, whether it's on your end, somewhere in the middle, or at their end.
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Also if your Android tablet is on the same network, find the IP address of your tablet and run the ping command from your computer.

ping 192.168.0.0 as an example.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks for the quick answers guys. :rightthumbup:

I have found the problem it was the network hub :facepalm: it needed turning offf then back on again to re-set it.

Funny thing is my laptop is on the wi-fi network so should not of been afected by this only the PC. :think:
Image Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bez wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:11 pm Thanks for the quick answers guys. :rightthumbup:

I have found the problem it was the network hub :facepalm: it needed turning offf then back on again to re-set it.

Funny thing is my laptop is on the wi-fi network so should not of been afected by this only the PC. :think:
Ah, the good ol' "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" trick. :lol:

:rightthumbup:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I used to get the same problem with my old network hub (one of the reasons i got a new one) but thought a new one would cure it. :roll:

I don't know why but they all seem to need re-setting every now and then. :?
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It appears that many routers and wifi spots are "upgraded" remotely.
Monitoring, throttling and other privacy infringements are common these days.

Older network equipment is standing in their way. So expect more network issues. I had one completely shut down without any warning or previous issues. Looks like a remote cut off.

With all kinds of new internet laws for providers they are walking on eggs.

Most net laws that are currently debated in parliaments are already in effect for a while. :eeek:

New updates that "improve" YOUR network safety and security are usually the exact opposite.

Use a VPN and/or encryption. :ugeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “PC”