Satisfactory

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok so this game Satisfactory has been out for a while in early access and i have often thought of giving it a go so i took the plunge while it was on special offer.

Basically you have to gather resources so you can build stuff so you can make more stuff to build more stuff. :mrgreen:

I know, it is totally stupid but i am absolutely addicted at the moment :o the more you build and discover the more you want to see what you can build next. :mrgreen:

Also you need to explore the planet for resources and unlike most planets in this type of game this one is very interesting and also dangerous at times. :twisted:

It can get very dangerous as night. :shock:

I have over 10 hours in so far and things are getting a bit messy. :lol:

Time to get things organised. ;)

The graphics are super nice on my 4K screen and the world is very different from biome to biome (not that i have been to any of the others yet as it is way to dangerous till i get some more upgrades :mrgreen: )

It runs very well for an early access game and even though i have over 100 hours in the game i have not even scratched the sefice.

This game is definitely not what i was expecting, and yes i will probably get bored of building eventually but i have already gotten more that the moneys worth of gameplay out of this so anything else is a bonus. :rightthumbup:

Sometimes you just need crazy pipework. :loll:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Looks cool. I like some building games, have Planet Coaster and Cities Skylines, maybe give this a try sometime.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

The big build continues....... :D

The place is now getting quite big and though i try to keep things in order it never seems to work out. :mrgreen:

I'm now at the stage where i need to start producing oil, unfortunately it's on the other side of the planet. :eeek:

So i need to either find a way of getting it back to my base or build a new small base on the oil site to process it on site.

None of these options are easy as the oil lies beyond a swamp with some very aggressive creatures roaming around in it. :shock:

I guess it's time to load up the transporter and head off into the unknown to see what is going to be the best way to do it. :party:

To be continued..................
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bez wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:08 pm Sometimes you just need crazy pipework. :loll:
Sometimes Spam skillz show ;)

PS why is "a place where you prepare meals" flagged as spam? :doh:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Looks good. Because I am playing a lot of Cities Skylines now, grid patterns are familiar. :)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:20 pm Looks good. Because I am playing a lot of Cities Skylines now, grid patterns are familiar. :)
What i am loving about this game is that it is more than just a building game , it requires a lot of planning to get things working smoothly.

It also has lots of other things like exploration and fighting off the wild life. :violence-duel:

I recently had to go off and find oil for my next level of production and surprise it's on the other side of the map across a swamp with lots of fire spitting creatures and big spiders. :shock:

After looking around a bit i found a shortcut, however it was blocked by some large rocks so i then had to go back and research explosives to blow up the rocks so i could drive on the shortcut. :D

It's things like this that keep the game interesting.

I have now found the oil and am setting up a new base, how i am going to get theses two bases to connect to each other across the map is another story.............
Image Image

Return to “General Gaming”