Valve Neural Gaming Interfaces

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

With Valve announcement of looking into a gaming "headset", that connects with your brain, the discussion about this subject is live and kicking again. Remember Elon Musk Neuralink? :ugeek:

Even with possible good applications for the phsysical impaired, you already know this tech will be abused or used for the wrong reasons.

Would you link up to play a game in VR with brain control? And how realistic would you like it to be?
Die in the game, die for real? :eeek:

IMO Creepy stuff. :twocents-02cents:

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zea ... comprehend

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

I can see using this sort of thing for medical reasons, something like giving feeling to someone's prosthetic who lost a limb that was replaced. Giving neural feedback to someone playing a game, no. As for the tech being abused, that began when the first hominoid clubbed another over the head with a stick.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:19 pm As for the tech being abused, that began when the first hominoid clubbed another over the head with a stick.
:loll: Love it.
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

All tech can be used or abused. The level these new technologies provide is truely something else.

I have seen haptic suits and motion feedback devices that will really add to the game experience.
The idea of implants or interactive brain devices is really a few steps too far IMO.
Especially with the cyber attacks, system security and data mining options in mind.

Things like this should stay in the medical research sphere :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Time will tell. On a side note, I am on book seven of a nine book science fiction series that takes place a thousand years in the future. At the start of the series humans have all sorts of tech implanted that heals them, lets them communicate directly, connect to a computer network, and even can be used to get them high. Now on book seven, the humans merged with AI's to win a war against alien invaders. So far so good, playing nice together. See if it ends that way.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The scary truth is, that as soon as this is discussed in the media, the tech already exists in working condition in laboratories.

And the basic tech originates from the "super soldier" programs, with performance enhancing drugs, nano bots and implants to reduce pain and increase stamina and strength. :geek:
The gaming industry is a great platform to cover part of the development costs.

And no, this is not a Jean Claude VanDamme movie, but the very real deal. :ugeek:

The Hollywood movies and (sci-fi) TV shows are usually not too far off what is possible or can be in the near future.
If you can think of it, someone will try to make it. :twocents-02cents:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I always knew i was playing against monkeys :loll:

Musk takes it too far. Although some might say they can not take it far enough. :ugeek:
Elon Musk says Neuralink implanted a chip in a monkey's brain, and now he 'can play video games using his mind'
https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... &r=US&IR=T

Maybe an idea, if musk gets the same implant, maybe he can learn to monkey :geek:

Return to “Gadgets, TV's, Laptops”