Forza 5 Horizon

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Now on Steam

A bit expensive (99$ for the full version) and you need a XB Live account. But it looks amazing and it takes place in Mexico :mrgreen:

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/ ... 1636489104
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK there is some "hidden" greed in this game :facepalm:

To buy cars you need credits. Those credits can also be bought with real money. Shameless IMO, as the premium version is already 99$.

Clearly focused at kids, scavanging the Family Credit cards... :twocents-02cents:

Still looks good though. I always liked the vibrant colors of Mexico. :smoking:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I guess Team VVV aren't happy with the wheel driving. :lol:
Image Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I refunded the game on Steam. I couldn't get my G27 to work, the steering is out of whack, it was frustrating and I don't really have the time to mess with Logitech wheel settings and tweaking in-game settings at the same time. Good thing I didn't go over 2 hours of gameplay time so I can refund.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is kinda weird when a race game does not provide proper wheel support. :?
Especially as a lot of the consolers now use wheels as well.

Primarily focused on controller players. Physics seem to be ok though.

:auto-swerve:
oh wait... :angry-banghead:

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I might still get this game on sale or when I have more time. The customization is cool, cars look good and the graphics are pretty from what I've seen on streams and videos. Might have to play with a controller though and figure out this wheel thing at some point so I can fully enjoy it.
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:58 pm OK there is some "hidden" greed in this game :facepalm:

To buy cars you need credits. Those credits can also be bought with real money. Shameless IMO, as the premium version is already 99$.

Clearly focused at kids, scavanging the Family Credit cards... :twocents-02cents:

Still looks good though. I always liked the vibrant colors of Mexico. :smoking:
saw this a bit late. You don't need any credits to get cars in this game. I'm playing now for about 4 weeks, more or less casually, and i have about 350 cars in the garage of which i bought like only a dozen. If you do not duck down early enough you get a car thrown on your head every minute. :D

You basicly need the credits only to tune the cars and even for that you never get in a situation where you feel forced to buy them with real money. In addition to the 350 cars i got more of less gifted i have about 30 mio. credits on the account already. Remember how long it takes in TC2 to get 350 cars and 30 mio. on the account.

One thing is right though. 100 euro/dollar (premium edition) is too much for this game. If RaceMasterDave wouldn't had gifted me the game on Steam i would not have bought it until i got discounted offer in turkey or brasil. I finished like 90% of the things you can do expect for the driftzones and some of the storylines. So it will not be a game where i sink in a couple of thousand hours like in TC1/TC2.

Drivingwise it's better than the previous FH-titles and definitely 1000% better than the boring as fuck handlingmodel in TC2.
Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That is good to know :D

But there is still the pay model. :roll:
Unfortunately my crew does not drive FH, but it looks awesome and Mexico rocks :mrgreen:

DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

As steamplayers know you can not import liverys from previous forzatitles if you have the game on steam. Maybe you can do it from FH4, if you have that game also on steam. (I don't know, because i had that on the ms-store. But there is at least a tab in the game for FH4. The others are missing, probably because FH4 was the first forzagame available on steam.)

But i read there is a workaround.

Since the gamepass is currently for 1 euro (first testmonth) i finally tried that workaround today and it works like charme. (You can cancel the gamepass-subscription immediately after you finished everything.)

For those who want to waste their time and try it out too, heres what you have to do. (maybe i will do a small video about it when i'm on vacation and not to lazy 😬 )

1.) get the gamepass on the ms store and install FH5 standard edition from there as it's for free with gamepass. important is that you use the same ingame name as on steam (in my case it is "Don B CN")
--> you will have to run through the hole startingsequence again until you can go to the festival for the first time, which takes about 30-35 minutes 🥱

2.) import the liverys from the forzagame(s) you want, which will take a bit of time. I think it was around 20 minutes in my case as i had a ton of liverys and stickergroups shared in FH3 and FH4

3.) now you need to share those you like to see also on steam one by one (they will automatically be also shared on steam for your account)

4.) go to the FH5 steam version and search on "find new liverys" for your own name. There you should see them all and you can download those which you like to have also in your personal stock "my designs". (the same goes for the stickergroups. Go with a car to "apply vinyls and decals" --> "apply a vinylshape" --> search for your own name --> download them (you don't need to save them on the car) --> and you see them afterwards under "my vinylgroups"

5.) now you can decide which of the designs or stickergroups can stay shared or not.

(same steps go all for the tunings too of course, but i didn't share any tunings in the previous titles)

I will keep an eye on it, because i am not absolutely sure at the moment that the downloads will also count for your steamaccount. In generell it should because they are shared with your name.
Cruising is not a crime

Return to “Forza Horizon 5”