Forum style change

Important site info
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Hi guys, as some of you may or may not know the forum runs on a code base called phpBB I have overlaid this with a theme (skin) to make it look different from the standard phpBB theme and then heavily customised it to look the way it is now.

However the theme we use is a pro version and it looks like it is not going to be supported by the author anymore :shock: this means no more updates to the theme from the author so we have no alternative but to replace it with something else. :(

This will mean a completely new look to the forum and also some features will go, and some new ones will be added, some will like the new look and maybe some will not :mrgreen: but in the end it is a necessary progression that needs to happen to keep the backend code up to date and protect the forum from hackers etc.....

I will post here again when things start to change but as we have a lot of extensions tied to this theme it will be a tricky change over and the forum might be down for some time :ugeek:

I am still doing some testing on a temp site i have setup to see how things are going to work out but like everything the real test will be when i do it on the live site so this is where the members come in by reporting any bugs or things not working as they should. :think:

More to come.........
:tdudt:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

And you brought the Sun with you back from Holiday :eeek:

Bring it :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Expect the forum to be down from time to time over the next few days as i implement some of the new changes. :ugeek:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

First stage done, time for a coffee. ;)
:party:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok got some things done today but still lots to do. :ugeek:

I realise some things are not working as they should but i am working on it so please give me a little time. :mrgreen:

I have a lot of problems to work through and its been a long day so time for a rest, will get back at it tomorrow. ;)

Will also explain all the new things when done. :party:
Image Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

As it is right now, its hard to find stuff. I want Active Topics and recent posts easier to find. :idea: Also Avatars gone, RIP
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

dpuff wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:49 am I want Active Topics and recent posts easier to find.
search.php?search_id=active_topics

I use this as bookmark :geek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

dpuff wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:49 am As it is right now, its hard to find stuff. I want Active Topics and recent posts easier to find. :idea: Also Avatars gone, RIP
Like i said above I am only part way through the change over, lots of things still not done yet. ;)

This has been a combination of many hours of work over the past few weeks and even when it is done it will need some changes so give me a little time guys then we can discuss what to add and take away. :mrgreen:

You can find new topics in the top left corner. ;)
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Update

Ok most of the backend stuff is done now and everything should be working as it should (if not then post here about the problem)

Images on index are best i could find in the limited time i have and are subject to change at a later date, if anyone has suggestions for better ones then again post here. ;)

Also sub forums don't have images yet, i will get around to it when i have time but as this is just a cosmetic thing it is not high on my list. :)

If you are missing an avatar (i can't find a compatible EXT for the old one :( ) so you will need to upload a new one.

The new post box is is a nice addition and hovering over each icon will explain what each one will do, as before videos will embed automatically so no need to use the embed icon in the post box.

As for posting images it's the same as before just different setup (SEE BELOW)
The Imgur icon at the top and the tab at the bottom both do the same thing adding images but the tab at the bottom just gives you more options to pick when adding them, give it a try and hit Preview to see your results before submitting your post. :D
Also please give it a few seconds for large images to upload (will also depend on your internet speed) ;)

You can see forums with new posts by the icon in the forum image (see below)

This update was mostly cosmetic but due to the way some of the extensions work some features have been lost but also some new ones have been added, as always any bugs, questions, requests then post here. :ugeek:

Thanks Bez :D
Image Image
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bez wrote: Thanks Bez :D
:2thumbsup:

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”