The Crew Motorfest

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

From September 14 to September 17, grab your ticket to Motorfest and try the full game for 5 hours for free! Everything you did and unlocked during your free trial will be saved and available if you decide to buy the full game.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/the- ... free-trial

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have a weird bug where the game hangs during races every 30 sec or so, but not during cruises.
Checked minimum requirements but i easily beat those.
I also never had these issues during any playtests. Not early alpha and focus tests and not during the closed and open Beta's.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/the- ... /000105059

System requirements for The Crew Motorfest
Minimum requirements (1080p at 30 frames per second)
Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
Processor AMD Ryzen5 1400 @ 3.2 GHz, Intel Core i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz, or better
RAM 8 GB (running dual-channel mode)
Video card AMD Radeon RX 480 (8 GB), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB), or better
Hard drive 40 GB available storage (SSD recommended)

Recommended requirements (1080p at 60 frames per second)
Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
Processor AMD Ryzen7 2700X @ 3.7 GHz, Intel Core i5-8400 @ 2.8 GHz, or better
RAM 8 GB (running dual-channel mode)
Video card AMD Radeon RX 5700XT (8 GB), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6 GB), or better

Recommended configurations for higher resolutions in The Crew Motorfest
Recommended 2K configuration (1440p, 60 frames per second)
Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit version)
Processor AMD Ryzen5 3600 @ 3.60 GHz, Intel Core i5-10600K @ 4.10 GHz
RAM 16 GB (running dual-channel mode)
Video card AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (12 GB), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)

Recommended 4K configuration (2160p, 60 frames per second)
Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit version)
Processor AMD Ryzen5 3600X @ 3.80 GHz, Intel Core i5-11600K @ 3.90 GHz
RAM 16 GB (running dual-channel mode)
Video card AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT (20 GB), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (24 GB)
Hard drive 40 GB available storage (SSD required)

Connection issues? Faulty RAM or whatever. Anyone? :ugeek:

Edit; ran a speed test in Game at 4K between 50-60fps avg on high settings custom. So that is not the issue. It only hangs during races. And speedtest is OK.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/15253710069
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Apparently i got the game running today and it looks like it's not my hardware. It's some kind of Ubisoft Connect problem. If someone runs into the same problem as me (Ubisoft Connect is loading and loading and... after gamestart and nothing happens) start the game from the installationfolder, motorfest.exe set to admin. Works fine.

Performance is also surprisingly good for my hardware so far.

Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

All issues seem to be server side related. This morning i could play everything without too many issues. :ugeek:
They must have underestimated the server loads, despite Beta server stress tests. :roll:

But other Ubi game servers are suffering similar issues. So maybe too much revenue management or even Bot attacks who knows.

All i care about is being able to play fluently without being bothered by stupid server issues, that could have been avoided by applying overkill capacity during launch week. Just sayin'

:party:

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

How was your first experience so far?

To be honest i am not so sure about the game at the moment. Handlingmodel is really aweful in my opinion. (Once pro-settings are figured out that may change.) But for now it feels like every car has understeering of death. You stay on the throttle -> car understeers, you go off the throttle -> car understeers - you have to play around with the throttle the hole time. When you drive with walkingspeed because you are searching something the cars do not steer at all. Feels like a failed attempt to copy the handlingmodel from Forza and ending up with a worse version of a NFS-handlingmodel. I was never a fan of the "inner drive"-handlingmodel in TC2, but compared to the handling here it is really enjoyable.

The levelsystem is way too complicated in my opinion. And i heard already about some gameplay-mechanics, which force you to play even a lot more than in TC2 if you wanna achieve something.
Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I can easily spinout or drift in MF. So that must be a setup thing.

Only issue i have is that during races the game stops for 5 sec and than continues, adding the extra time to my scores. But not every time or every race. It seems to be connected to server loads, but i never had these issues during the tests.
:angry-banghead:

I like the 500+ car import from TC2, even if it creates a total mess, as they still have not found a good way to present the cars in the game. But overal a good impression.
Back to Oahu, baby :2thumbsup:

PS I only got the base game this time. Season pass is not 29 but 39 Euro this time. A complete rip off. Especially as there are very few real exclusive cars in there. Most are time exclusive and i have 500+ cars to try. :geek:

Return to “Motorfest”