Euro Truck Simulator 2

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Had my wheel out and playing a little TDU2 when I saw this game with the expansion on sale on Steam for less than $10. Was getting bored with TDU2, The Crew is delayed, and lots of positive reviews for this so I bought it. Not really a racer myself so a different racing game going around in big circles was nothing that interested me. So far I am very happy with this purchase. TDU2 is fun to a point but after the single player game, not much to keep me interested except for a cruise now and then. This game seems to have plenty to do with starting your own trucking company, hiring drivers, and managing the business. Driving a big truck has it's own challenges, especially those tight turns with an oversize load (we need bigger streets) or backing the trailer to drop off (unless you use the chickens way out and press enter to drop the load).

So yeah, you drive a big slow truck. No fast cars but a nice assortment of trucks to choose from and customize. Wipers and lights that work including brights (recalling TDU2's failure in this area). Nice support for the G27 wheel including clutch and 18 speed transmission. Graphics are decent. A very active mod community from what I have read. A nice ride with what appears to be a continuing game of running a business. Any of you playing this game?
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

I got this one, too bad there isn't Russia :( , at least there's Poland and a mod that let's you go to Algeria and Morocco.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

yes i play a highly modded version carefully chosen mods to avoid crashes my longest time in game was 18 hours non stop driving i have been playing it since pre order long time ago then merged it to steam i play it on 3 screens more fun

I stopped playing about 6 months ago due to a G27 pedal mod i did which made it to hard to stop the truck but iracing is high priority for me so ETS2 had to wait

Now i have set of CSR elites im getting back into ETS2 i also test alot of mods for people

on steam i have the level 5 Legendary Trucker badge

I have been driving the same truck from day one and playing same save game from day one my main truck has over 47,000 miles or ks not sure what its in

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... &view=grid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Some nice snapshots of the truck and the road. So far I am really having fun with this game. Just starting and want to play the vanilla version for a bit before I start any mods. Picked the one Volvo with the single dial for tach/speed and rest is digital for my first ride. I like that the digital readout works too. Started in Germany and just made the UK yesterday and left hand road driving. Still learning signs and how roads are laid out vs the way I am used to here in the USA. Have had minor scrapes, sign posts and curb scraping, but many years ago I drove a school bus so I had some idea of driving and turning with a long vehicle.

Three monitors must be nice. Looking with mouse works but is awkward. Still working out my wheel set up and may try the pad for looking,
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

This game is really good, mainly if you have a wheel. I started in Poland but after going to U.K. I never more came back XD.

Here's a really good mod, if you just want to use the simulator to cruise around :roll: http://www.ets-2.com/bmw-x6-plus-passengers-mod/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yep, have a G27 and it works great. Thanks for the link, did not know there were car mods for the game, saw some for other trucks. Will check it out soon. :rightthumbup:
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

i've been driveing around around in euro truck for a while now have 52,350km of driveing... i just updated to 1.9 and the scania R V8 730Hp has got a awesome sound and has great physics
nathan is a mexican!!
sw3gameboy
Rookie
Rookie

I've had this game since somewhere after christmas and i have played and still play it frequently :party: Not joking, this game is so addictive... Currently playing it unmodded, because i want to enjoy the game like it is. Less is more sometimes :handgestures-thumbup:
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

i've just recently got mutiplayer mod for the game and so far so good but there's a lack of a sever for people in Asia but alwell
nathan is a mexican!!
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Multiplayer mod, how does that work? I am still playing vanilla game, still have 50% of map to complete. Have not played a lot recently, other stuff to do.

Return to “General Gaming”