Show Your 3D MK Score

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice bump in Time Spy with my new RTX3070 :party:

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/29241891/spy/1795172

9 316
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice one, i wanted to get a RTX 3070 myself, but June last year was a hell trying to find cards, but got my RTX 3060 Ti then, but quite happy with it, even-though the GTX 1070 likely was the best card i have had so far, which lives on with my mate as i sold it to him to introduce him to the expensive eye candy he'll end up only wanting more of.

Got a Oculus Quest 2 VR headset since, and playing VR games through the PC nearly brings it to its knees, the so looking to upgrade again when RTX 40x0 comes out end of this year, or maybe AMD has something finally, and i can avoid Ngreedia.

But i did run a TimeSpy benchmark to see where my system stags up.

Got 10.241

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/77296450?

And now i see you did a comparison of your old system and with the new GPU, but i'll do you one better and throw in a benchmark of my "school" laptop i bought for my studies, Lenovo Legion 5 which is a nice little beast, i beat my desktop with the old GTX 1070 lol, which kinda prompted me to buy a overpriced GPU in the middle of the craziness going on. :mrgreen:

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/1497 ... y/29330917
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

10K plus, nice. Yes the HTPC is getting old and it is also made to be quiet. No OC here.

I did run a Ray Tracing plugin for 3D MK, called Port Royal

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1645016

7 768

During this test the average FPS was around 30fps, so not enough for me. Barely playable. For now Ray Tracing is more like a gimmick and for screen grabbers. When the average numbers go over 60fps, it becomes interesting for some more active gaming. :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That demo for Port Royal is abit creepy lol, but seems this benchmark is all GPU horsepower, so your RTX 3070 is a clear winner on it, i did not turn off G-sync though, no idea if that plays a major role or not.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/pr/1645016/pr/1651605#

And yes i was surprised to exceed 10k in a benchmark, i have not OC'ed my system as i wanted it to last longer, and that the RTX 3060 Ti is board power limited so not really any headroom to OC it further than it does on its own. But it seems your old Skylake CPU is holding back the speedy RTX 3070, also where alot of the FPS you are seeking is held back, but hey if the system still runs good then its fine.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Did abit of testing, as i decided to prolong my systems life span, meaning i got a new CPU for the system. I bought a Ryzen 5800X3D, as the it offers current gen CPU performance on par with the i5 13600K and Ryzen 7600X, so it was the sensible upgrade considering the price of hardware now, and it doing that on DDR4 3200 MHz ram and not the DDR5.

My reason for this upgrade, was that i was experiencing sutters in DCS, and i saw my old Ryzen 3600 was maxed out, while that would be fine, the low amount of L3 cache of 16 MB meant it would have to load to and from the RAM and drag the FPS down, meanwhile the new 5800X3D has 96 MB of L3 cache, so it charges through anything with ease.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/3238 ... y/32381087#

In some games benchmarks has showed it getting as much as 100% more FPS than a Ryzen 3600, meaning the single core tasks are very strong as it can store so many files in the 96 MB L3 cache, so i felt i had to do it, preying my 3.5 year old motherboard can last another 3-4 years with this CPU.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That is a nice bump in performance and will make a lot of games run smoother. :party:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Got myself a second hand RTX 3090 now that the prices have dropped a bit. :mrgreen:

Did this test on my 27 inch 4K monitor so i think it did ok. :mrgreen:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Thats a massive increase in performance. They say you need at least a 3090 to play Flight Simulator. :shock:

Everything must fly now at 4K with that monster. Good to see you managed to snatch one, before the crypto miners got their greedy hands on it.

:loll:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice one Bez, RTX 3090's are sick, have a couple of friends who also bought them second hand, seems like a good deal if you can trust the seller of it - that the card has been undervolted for the crypto you know he has been doing with it.

Btw that 12600 gets a very good CPU score, even for a i5, must be the RTX 3090 boosting it some how.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yes a massive boost from my 1080 GTX :2thumbsup:

Got it from a local guy so hopefully all is ok with it only down side is my PSU is the old style and not the newer modular type with the cables that you can unplug at the back, all of my PSU cables come directly out of the box. :(

And it only has two 8 pin Pcie and one 6 pin Pcie plugs this card runs on three 8 pin Pcie connectors so i have had to use an adapter for now. :eeek:

But my 1100 wat PSU can handle it. :mrgreen:
Image Image

Return to “PC”