Civilization V

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

The Tuvaluan Pacific Empire We finally reach turn 300, and I have not been in any wars thus far, how excitin' of my part!

Seriously, the things that have been happenin' in South America and with the khanates are much more interestin' than what I've done so far in this campaign with Tuvalu.

South America has been in chaos with every civilization there bein' at war with each other. The results can be clearly seen in the mini maps I'm goin' to put down bellow. The most funny result of the South American war is that now we may call Auracanía & Patagonia just "The Falklands" since that's what Chile and Brazil turned them into. :P

Movin' to Asia. Genghis Khan is just bein' Genghis Khan. Goguryeo and China didn't last long after the fall of the Evenks, I mean, they are still alive but they lost their capital and are now reduced to just city-states. Genghis' next target seems to be the Muromachi Shogunate but I don't think that is gonna end up too well for him.

Sibir has also been doin' some work with their siege of many Kazakh and Gothic cities. I got open borders with them and sent a unit there to explore and I discovered that they also had some Altanese (that's the adjective for Golden Horde's...) cities under their control.

Tahiti and myself continue to colonize Australia while the Muromachi Shogunate establish their first colony there, so even if Genghis is successful in takin' over the Japanese mainland the Shogunate will not cease to exist but they'd be in the same situation Goguryeo and China are...

And in North America the Comanche eliminated the Olmecs while the Cree eliminated the Anishinaabe just a few turns after that, oh well. And:
Seems about right. :lol:

Anyway, here are the maps and InfoAddicts:

Turn 225:

Turn 250:

Turn 275:

Turn 300:

Cities:
Holy Mongol Empire...

Land Area:

Happiness:

Population:
I may have the most amount of population overall but it's the Kongo who have world's biggest city, at 35 population so far.

Social Standing:

Technologies:

Military Manpower:

And I almost forgot. I met Babylon, 1 turn before they were destroyed by the Hittites...
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Oskad-87
Mechanic
Mechanic

Maybe you should also have put Yakutia in the game to try to hold off the Mongols, looks like they're gonna be the Gabon of this campaign.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Oskad-87 wrote:Maybe you should also have put Yakutia in the game to try to hold off the Mongols, looks like they're gonna be the Gabon of this campaign.
I really wish I was able to put more than 62 civilizations in the game, but then again I also wish the game processed the AI's turns faster. Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oskad-87 wrote:Maybe you should also have put Yakutia in the game to try to hold off the Mongols, looks like they're gonna be the Gabon of this campaign.
They are already the Gabon of Miao's campaign.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

TheLuigi907 wrote:
They are already the Gabon of Miao's campaign.
Gabon was much more powerful at turn 300 than Mongolia currently is, but I was usin' a different mod that extended the research time for the technologies so that could have an impact.

Nevermind, in the previous campaign Gabon was at 50 technologies by turn 300, Mongolia is still at 25... They definitely have the power to dominate Eurasia, maybe even invade America through the Bering Strait and Alaska. This might also compromise my intent of achievin' a cultural victory with Tuvalu. :geek:

In other news, Magadan is finally completed and available for download at the shared mediafire account, as always. :mrgreen:

I decided on givin' them a more aesthetically pleasin' civ icon too.

It's based right off the Magadan flag and although that symbol only represents the city and not the oblast I went with it anyway. And if you have any sorts of complaints about that, be my guest. It's my mod and I do what I want with it, well, technically it's Magaki's too but you get the point. Image
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Miao wrote:Image
New icon does look better than the first one you showed but now isn't Magadan's color scheme too similar to Sweden or Provence or de Gaulle's France? :think:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

TheLuigi907 wrote:New icon does look better than the first one you showed but now isn't Magadan's color scheme too similar to Sweden or Provence or de Gaulle's France? :think:
Similar but not exact. (I used Kievan Rus' on this as well)

The yellow is the colour that looks the most similar on these but the blues are different enough to me. And de Gaulle's France's blue and yellow don't really resemble any of these IMO.

Lookin' at the comparison image makes me really want to update the graphics of some of my oldest civilizations like Andalusia and Provence, they really look amateurish compared to what I can do now.
Oskad-87
Mechanic
Mechanic

Nice to see Magadan released, congratulations on it.

Now you made me wish other modders took more interest in "spiting" Russia, I'd love to see more civilizations like Tatarstan, Astrakhan, Chechnya and Dagestan.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Oskad-87 wrote:Now you made me wish other modders took more interest in "spiting" Russia, I'd love to see more civilizations like Tatarstan, Astrakhan, Chechnya and Dagestan.
I might actually one day make a Kamchatka Krai civilization just to have someone startin' near or in the Kamchatka Peninsula in future TSL campaigns. ;)

And I think you meant "splitting", not "spiting"... :loll:
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, I just finished a 650 turn Europe AI only battle. I took a screenshot of the minimap each 25 turns. Now I should edit these images and make a gif out of it, that might take some time but I'm gonna post it here once it is done.

Return to “General Gaming”