The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike

No votes

Total votes: 0
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Jonathan Lopez wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Updated 12/05/2014: Ferrari delivered the first Sergio to a client from the United Arab Emirates. There will be only six units built and each will celebrate the company’s 60th anniversary.

Exterior:

The exterior of the Sergio is truly a work of art. Overall, it’s a simple design that aims to make a throwback to the 60s and 70s, with a two-tone color scheme that combines the front and rear end into an expression that’s angular and streamlined. Based on the 458 platform, the original styling cues are most apparent in the rear, while a dearth of swoops and wings can be found on the front fascia and flanks.

Breaking up the solid red sheet metal, we see matte black running through the front splitter, side skirts, up behind the doors, and into the rear diffuser, plus large sections on top of the nose and rear engine cover filling in for the non-existent roof line. It’s pretty, but also functional, as Ferrari Ferrari claims that the roll bar integrates air intakes for clutch and gearbox oil cooling, not to mention all the downforce generated from the simple wing designs that remain intact. The wheels are custom Sergio-specific pieces, painted gold with a diamond finish on this particular UAE-bound iteration.

Interior:

The cabin is also customized, with black leather upholstery offset by red stitching, plus Alcantara seat inserts and heaps of carbon fiber. Beyond the personalized colors and a Sergio nameplate fixed to the passenger side dash, the rest of the interior is more or less exactly what can be found on a regular 458, with highly bolstered seats, large buttons to select between driving modes, an F1 -inspired steering wheel, and large paddle shifters.

We would have liked to see a little more upgrading on the inside to match the exterior modifications, but that doesn’t mean the cabin is less than amazing. The stock 458 interior is superb, and that quality carriers over to the Sergio.

Drivetrain:

Much like the interior, the drivetrain goes untouched in its transplant from the 458 Speciale , with a naturally aspirated ,4.5-liter, V-8 engine putting down 398 pound-feet of torque at 6,000 rpm and 596 horsepower at a hair-raising 9,000 rpm. With a seven-speed, dual-clutch gearbox, the Sergio can sprint to 60 mph in a claimed three seconds, with an estimated top speed over 200 mph.

While not officially stated, we can only guess that the astronomical price tag includes the same traction managing Side Slip Angle Control System found on the Speciale, which features an F1-Trac and an E-Diff to put maximum adhesion between the contact patch and the road. For the price, a little something extra would have been nice to see, but again, improving on one of the best in the world is no easy feat.

Prices:

At $3 million a pop, the Sergio is one of the most expensive cars Ferrari offers. However, all six examples are already sold, further proving the extreme desirability of a custom, limited-edition Italian thoroughbred. Is it an investment? A piece of art? We’re not too sure, but we certainly hope they don’t live their whole lives parked.

Looking at it, you wouldn’t guess that the Sergio concept took a mere four months to go from the drawing board to debut. As homage to the man responsible for solidifying the ties between Pininfarina and Ferrari, the Ferrari Sergio Ferrari Sergio combines distinctive styling with the technical sophistication of one of Maranello’s finest, creating something beautiful, unique, and highly desirable. But for $3 million dollars, we’re left slightly taken aback. That’s a figure that can put you in the same league as an FXX K , or alternatively, a total of ten 458 Speciales. Without any major interior or drivetrain upgrades, we’re struggling to justify the price. But, what do we know; all six are sold, and we’re sure to see another attractive, limited run edition of the 458 in the not-so-distant future.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ferrari/20 ... 66019.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

The back looks pretty good, but the front is...confusing. This one will take a while for me to get used to...
But thanks for the info! :rightthumbup:
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Or how to sell a re-bodied 458 Spyder for 3M to Princes of the Desert :lol:

As they are very exclusive, they are probably worth it. On the other hand, you can buy a Pagani and a Porsche 918 for it and still have some money left to buy some gas. :think:

I would definitely choose the LaFerrari over this one any time.

;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

This car is just another case of "concept looked better than the production version". :P
RUF is better than Porsche!

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Viktor Karpenko wrote:This car is just another case of "concept looked better than the production version". :P
Let's compare them. :)

I got the same conclusion as you, the concept is much better despite both of them havin' ugly rims. :lol:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Chủ
Rookie
Rookie

That thing is hideous in my opinion. I don't see why anyone would want that over the regular 458.
Mauricio_Zika
Rookie
Rookie

Looks like Ridgeracer tried to make their own Ferrari. :P
-Sorry, I'm too lazy to create a signature-
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:I got the concept is much better despite both of them havin' ugly rims. :lol:
1.000.000 ¥ that this is just because they got golden rims. :roll:
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote:
Tsukishima wrote:The concept is much better despite both of them havin' ugly rims. :lol:
1.000.000 ¥ that this is just because they got golden rims. :roll:
Yep, these golden rims are fugly, carbon black would be much better. Image

I really prefer the concept, the production version just doesn't look as darin' as the concept, I know it's based on a 458 but that rear reminds me too much of it. :|
Last edited by Miao on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pinduca
Rookie
Rookie

The final product is a beautiful car as is the concept. I like both. :)

Return to “The Showroom”