Honda Civic Type R Coupe '15

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Honda Civic Type R '15.jpg
Adrian Padeanu wrote:After a long teasing campaign, Honda has finally unveiled the production-ready Civic Type R this week in Geneva.

Honda has been obsessed lately with the Nürburgring so it shouldn't come as a surprise their latest hot hatchback has managed to take down the front-wheel drive record by lapping the Nordschleife in 7 minutes and 50.63 seconds, thus beating the previous record established by the Renault Megane RS 275 Trophy-R (7 minutes and 54.36 seconds).

Labeled as being a "race car for the road", the Honda Civic Type R is motivated by a four-cylinder 2.0-liter turbo engine unleashing no less than 310 HP (228 kW) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) channeled to the front wheels through a 6-speed manual gearbox. This hardware arrangement grants the hot hatch with a 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in 5.7 seconds and a top speed of 167 mph (270 km/h).

It rides on 19-inch alloys wrapped around in 235/35 R19 tires specifically developed for this model while at the back it boasts a quad exhaust system hosted within a massive diffuser. The more aggressive body comes with larger air intakes and a fixed rear wing which unfortunately isn't as spectacular as the one fitted to the concepts.

The front axle hosts Brembo brakes with four-piston calipers matched with 350mm drilled discs and there is also a dual axis strut suspension which Honda says will diminish torque steer by 50 percent compared to the regular Civic. The rear end benefits from a H-shaped torsion beam suspension with a "crushed pipe" assembly which boosts roll rigidity by 180 percent while a four-point adaptive damper system should enable the Civic Type R to be a great track car.

Honda has announced the Civic Type R will hit dealerships this summer at a starting price in UK of £29,995. The more expensive GT version adds £2,300 to the final price tag and brings a plethora of extra kit such as Honda CONNECT infotainment system (with GARMIN navigation), red ambient lighting, front & rear parking sensors, automatic wipers & headlights, dual-zone climate control and others as well.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11503048988 ... 9995-price" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Honda Civic Type R '15 rear.jpg
Honda Civic Type R '15 side.jpg
Honda Civic Type R '15 interior.jpg
Last edited by Miao on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Mauricio_Zika
Rookie
Rookie

At first i thought Honda was stealing Nismo's paints schemes, just look at it.

310 hp is kinda impressive for an untuned Civic.
-Sorry, I'm too lazy to create a signature-
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Mauricio_Zika wrote:At first i thought Honda was stealing Nismo's paints schemes, just look at it.
Start callin' it "HOMO Civic Type R" then. Image

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
Alvin
Rookie
Rookie

This just does not suit my taste..

Either the rip-off nismo or maybe just the overall looks off it.. Just does not look appealing.
You can do better honda! :roll:
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

Makes me wonder if we will ever get this car in Brazil, or at least just the normal hatchback Civic one day. :think:
Whiterun Guard
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Warachia wrote:Makes me wonder if we will ever get this car in Brazil, or at least just the normal hatchback Civic one day. :think:
Just import it and shut up. :lol:
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

Whiterun Guard wrote:
Warachia wrote:Makes me wonder if we will ever get this car in Brazil, or at least just the normal hatchback Civic one day. :think:
Just import it and shut up. :lol:
Lol no, only a Honda freak would import one of that company's cars that is not a NSX or maybe a S2000.

Return to “The Showroom”