Tesla Model S P90D '15

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Michael Karkafiris wrote:So Tesla has been trying to find a way to make the Model S P85D even faster, like there was an actual person thinking that the electric bi-motor slingshot needed a stronger kick.

Elon Musk announced the new ‘Ludicrous’ Speed Upgrade for the P90D, which makes the Internet’s favorite drag-racer 10% faster from zero to 60mph, now scoring a 2.8 seconds with a quarter mile time of 10.9 seconds!

That’s right; the Model S P90D ‘Ludicrous’ is now officially a 10-second car with Elon Musk saying that his new toy can achieve 1.1g during acceleration, which feels faster than falling.

The new Tesla flagship can now reach 155mph 20% faster than the ‘normal’ 691hp P85D as the upgrade raises the total output to 762hp, with 503 of them coming from the rear-mounted motor and the rest 259hp from the front one.

Existing P85D owners can have the upgrade retrofitted in their cars for $5,000 and only in conjunction with the new, larger 90kWh battery pack which increases the range by 5%, bringing the total figure up to 300 miles. The 'Ludicrous' mode will be a $10k option for new P90D owners.

Elon Musk also said that the upcoming Model X SUV, which will be ready this quarter, will also be available with a ‘Ludicrous’ package and the 90kWh battery pack, which will allow it to score 3.3 seconds for the 0-60mph procedure. Oh, and he confirmed that Tesla will launch a new Roadster in four years’ time.

The Model S line-up is as of today: 70, 70D, 85, 85D, P85, P85D, 90, 90D, P90D and finally the P90D with ‘Ludicrous’ Mode with prices ranging between $70,000 and $118,000.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/07/tesla- ... model.html
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Tesla really eliminates the need for fossil fuel for daily use vehicles. They are a big success over here and there is a Tesla Store nearby in a luxury shopping street. They revolutionize even more with their superchargers, that let you "refuel" in 30min and also with home devices that can be used to manage electrical power more efficiently.

Other brands, including large scale car corporations, do catch up quickly, but do not have the vibe Tesla has.

Maybe the downside of their success is that they start to become too common now. Luxury problems. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I like Tesla, but i can't figure out why they haven't made a family station car based on the model S, that would sell even better in Europe ;)

Plus not everyone likes practicallity of sedan cars, as you can't get as much junk in the in rear trunk in a sedan, but i'll happily consider a Tesla when Sir Muskelot sees the light and starts to make family erstate cars, won't buy one before, and cross-overs do not count as stationcars :lol:
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bear304 wrote:I like Tesla, but i can't figure out why they haven't made a family station car based on the model S, that would sell even better in Europe ;)

Plus not everyone likes practicallity of sedan cars, as you can't get as much junk in the in rear trunk in a sedan, but i'll happily consider a Tesla when Sir Muskelot sees the light and starts to make family erstate cars, won't buy one before, and cross-overs do not count as stationcars :lol:
well this model +X is in final stages of development :mrgreen:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

lol that thing is to weird to be the same kind of hit the Model S is, besides thats just another pointless crossover but this is just from the Muskenator.

would much rather buy a BMW crossover than that "thing", and i hate crossovers :P

Return to “The Showroom”