Apollo Arrow '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
Sergiu Tudose wrote:For all intents and purposes, Apollo believe their brand new Arrow is so spectacular, it's worthy of the hypercar moniker.

Before it could be called anything, this car first needed to be lightweight, which is why Apollo aimed for 1,300 kg as their target, ensuring that downforce performance at a set velocity allows the car's mass to be neutralized.

In terms of looks, the company applied a radically different aerodynamic treatment , allowing it to remain visually striking, yet having improved drag/downforce ratios as well as enhanced cooling performance. Though this is a slightly less aggressive car compared to what we're used to seeing from Apollo, it can also be consider as being more modern-looking.

Apollo even goes on to compare its aesthetics with those of a shark moving through water, giving the Arrow the appearance of motion even when standing still. Yes, design fluidity goes a long way - though we're not exactly displeased with how bonkers their previous cars looked either.

By the way, this thing has Gullwing doors, a carbon bodyshell and it's got a mid-engine configuration, which comes in handy when cornering at high speed.

Speaking of speed, the Arrow comes with a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 unit, good for 1,000 PS and 1,000 Nm (737 lb-ft). Those numbers are being put to good use through a fully synchronized sequential 7-speed CIMA transmission with a twin plate clutch configuration. In a straight line, it will hit 100 km/h (62 mph) in 2.9 seconds, 200 km/h (124 mph) in 8.8 seconds, and max out at 360 km/h (223 mph) which sounds remarkably similar to what the new Lamborghini Centenario can do.

Apollo have stated that the Arrow is a street legal car, while still fulfilling all FIA standards, which means that it can be easily homologated for different racing series.
Specs:
Apollo Arrow '16 specs.png
Apollo Arrow '16 specs.png (5.67 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

Easily the best looking car of this year's Geneva and it doesn't even look like it's a fully working prototype, I hope something actually happens out of it.
RUF is better than Porsche!

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

New Apollo Arrow to be based on the SCG 003 Stradale.

ImageImage
BOGDAN ZOLTAN wrote:You might know Apollo Automobil as Gumpert, the company founded by Roland Gumpert, a former Audi Sport director.

Before filing for bankruptcy in 2013 and reinventing itself, the company offered the Gumpert Apollo sports car, which in its most potent variant conquered the Nurburgring in 7:11.57, making it the 6th fastest road-going automobile to lap the track.

As of January 2016, the company was bought by the Hong-Kong based Ideal Team Venture (who also owns DeTomaso), was renamed to Apollo, and unveiled the Arrow hypercar at the Geneva Motor Show.

Apart from saying that the Arrow fulfills all FIA standards and develops 1,000 PS (986 hp) and 1,000 Nm (737 lb-ft) of torque, Apollo didn’t offer additional information at the time, but now the company has announced a collaboration with Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus (SCG) and Italian manufacturing house Manifattura Automobili Torino (MAT), in order to further develop the model.

The Partnership will spawn a radically redesigned Arrow, powered by a naturally-aspirated V12, reserved only for the track, which will be unveiled in Spring 2017. Subsequently, it will be followed by a road-going version which will utilize the same carbon fiber chassis, tech, and engines developed for Jim Glickenhaus. That means the production-spec Arrow will get a 4.4-litre twin turbo V8, which in the case of the SCG003S, produces 750 hp.

The road-going version is believed to debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March, together with the SCG003S.

“I’m really excited to be working on this project with Apollo. The Arrow is a thing of beauty and we can definitely bring a lot of technical know how to the table from our successful experience of competing on the toughest races in motorsport”, said SCG’s founder Jim Glickenhaus.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Gumpert cars were not the best looking but they worked very well aerodynamically.
This Apollo looks brutal. If it is based on the Gumpert, it will rock.

It screams McLaren somehow, but is not.

Even if there are some resemblances to existing supercar designs, i think it is original enough.
Wont be too hard to sell a few of these. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

MadManCK wrote:This Apollo looks brutal. If it is based on the Gumpert, it will rock.
The new Apollo N is based on the Gumpert if I'm not mistaken. This one isn't.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

TheLuigi907 wrote:The new Apollo N is based on the Gumpert if I'm not mistaken.
It is indeed, so much that it is actually an updated version of the original. ;)
Apollo N '16.jpg
And I love how Gumpert's cars look, they only made me hate even more the TDU2 whole mechanic of exclusive cars for clubs. :P[/glow]
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Miao wrote:And I love how Gumpert's cars look, they only made me hate even more the TDU2 whole mechanic of exclusive cars for clubs. :P
They should have made the "normal" Gumpert available for all and the race version for clubs. I think the new car community patches unlock everything for everybody (PC). So it has become a cheaters mod. But nobody will care about that now.
At least the UP team kept the vanilla choices in the game. No Ferrari tuning and no L3 club cars for non club players. 8-)

Back OT: That Glickenhaus dude seems to become a force to be reckoned with in the super car business. He surely has the right mindset. And the cash to back up his hobbies. ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:
Miao wrote:And I love how Gumpert's cars look, they only made me hate even more the TDU2 whole mechanic of exclusive cars for clubs. :P
They should have made the "normal" Gumpert available for all and the race version for clubs.
:text-offtopic:

But then I'd hate the clubs anyway because I would not have access to the race car. :lol:

Return to “The Showroom”