Audi S5 Sportback '16

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

ImageImage
BRAD ANDERSON wrote:The veils has been lifted off the brand new 2017 Audi A5 Sportback and S5 Sportback ahead of the model's launch at the Paris Auto Show next month.

The styling of the new A5 Sportback range closely mimics that of the Coupe, updated and revealed just a few months ago. As such, the front end of the car is dominated by the German marque's trademark hexagonal grille and complemented with a redesigned bumper incorporating a different lower lip and fog light clusters.

Compared to the outgoing model, the headlights have also been thoroughly revised and now incorporate a slight curve on the upper edge. Other styling changes over the current model include a reshaped hood with prominent creases, tweaked styling down the vehicle's sides as well as a refreshed rear end with different taillights.

Underpinning the new A5 Sportback range is the same MLB platform as the Coupe. However, the wheelbase has been lengthened from 2,764 mm to 2,824 mm, increasing legroom at the back.

In terms of powertrains, the 2017 A5 Sportback family is available with the same array of engines as the coupe. The entry-level model, dubbed the g-tron, is therefore powered by a 2.0-liter TFSI engine delivering 167 hp and 270 Nm of torque. It is then joined by two additional variants with the same engine, with 187 hp/320 Nm and 248 hp/370 Nm of torque respectively. The final petrol-powered model comes in the form of the 2017 S5 Sportback. Its 3.0-liter TFSI engine pumps out 348 hp and 500 Nm of torque.

As for the diesels, there are four models on offer. Both the 2.0 TDI and 2.0 TDI ultra have 187 hp and 400 Nm of torque on tap while the base 3.0-liter TDI is driven by 214hp and 400 Nm. Finally is a more powerful 3.0-liter TDI with 281 hp and a monstrous 620 Nm of torque.

Front and all-wheel drive models are available, depending on the selected engine, and can be mated to either a six-speed manual, seven-speed dual clutch or an eight-speed auto.

Inside, the same array of features welcomed by the new A5 Coupe range are found within the Sportback. That means entry-level models have a 7.0-inch infotainment system while high-end models utilize an 8.3-inch screen and the company's 12.3-inch virtual cockpit display. A 19-speaker Bang & Olufsen surround sound system is available as an option.

All up, the interior of the new model has grown by 17 mm in length while shoulder room is up by 11 mm and there is now 24 mm of additional leg room at the rear. Additionally, luggage capacity sits at 480 liters which Audi claims is the best in its class.

One particularly interesting addition to the new A5 Sportback is an advanced Stop&Go adaptive cruise control system. In slow-moving traffic at up to 65 km/h (40 mph), the car can brake and accelerate by itself and on good roads, even take control of the steering.

German pricing for the new A5 Sportback starts at 37,800 euros ($42,500) and 62,500 euros ($70,285).
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

I'll be honest, I'm liking Audi's design and overall look less and less with every year. I think the taillights look to hard-edged, and the look of the car is just...uninteresting. It could be the best car in the world to drive, but I just don't like them very much. :(
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I have come to dislike them as well, as Audi's used to be beautiful - but now they are to edgy and i really don't like it, like Lexus be the razor of the cars.

With Audi making less beautiful car i find myself liking BMW's designs better like the M2 that car looks really good.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like I'm the only one here who likes Audi's new designs... Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Miao wrote:Looks like I'm the only one here who likes Audi's new designs... Image
You're not the only one! I love the sexy arched flow design Audi A7 has. When I see the car IRL, I'd be like :eeek:

If I were to choose between a Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Audi, or Cadillac. I'd pick the Audi.
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

More cool shit America doesn't get. Yaaaaay...... :(
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Prepsi wrote:More cool shit America doesn't get. Yaaaaay...... :(
Well you get the pickup trucks :P

And yes the A7 is one of the best car designs Audi have made besides the first gen R8, but it's not like all Audi's are bad looking, far from it - it's just way to edgy to my eyes.

But the S5 coupe looks better than this sportback imo.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Sportback is a weird concept anyway. Brands like Audi are trying too hard to fill every niche in the market with models.
Just try to think of the target community who will buy this car. :think:

At the same time they still have not released the new Sport Quattro.... :roll:

BTW you get classified S5 in my country if you are too crazy or mentally unfit to serve the Army :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “The Showroom”