McLaren BP23 Hyper-GT '19

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Lewis Kingston wrote:McLaren Automotive has confirmed that it is poised to build a new three-seat ‘hyper-GT,’ which is currently codenamed BP23.

The car, which will be built by the McLaren Special Operations – the company’s bespoke division – will feature a three-seat layout from the McLaren F1. It will also feature a hybrid powertrain, and is mooted to be the most powerful McLaren created to date.

What will it be like?

McLaren Automotive’s boss, Mike Flewitt, said: ‘We are calling BP23 a ‘Hyper-GT’ because it’s a car designed for longer journeys but with the high levels of performance and driver engagement expected of any McLaren.

‘The car will also deliver the highest levels of refinement, enabling significant journeys to be undertaken with up to three people aboard.’

How many will be made?

McLaren built a total of 106 F1s, and that’s how many BP23s it plans to make. Predictably, all of them have already been accounted for. Kerching!

What does ‘BP23’ mean?

It stands for ‘Bespoke Project 2, featuring three seats.’

What else do I need to know about the car?

The BP23 will feature dihedral doors, like all of McLaren’s line-up, but they will be powered for the first time.

When will we find out more?

The cars are due to begin arriving in 2019, and McLaren suggests more will be revealed just prior to that date.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Chủ
Rookie
Rookie

These extremely early teaser images have gotten so pointless that they now just look like gaming mice.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This was mentioned by Solomondrin in a video earlier this Year. Good McLaren clients were briefed about this project and also enebled to pre-order.

Unlike the P1, this will be the true sucessor of the F1. Or another unique project.

Back then, McLaren denied working on a new Super Car. They have been cought lying before.
Not the most thrustworthy company. :roll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Back then, McLaren denied working on a new Super Car. They have been cought lying before.
You forget Mclaren is using Formula 1 tactics to try and mislead the other teams / new customers :party:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:
MadManCK wrote:Back then, McLaren denied working on a new Super Car. They have been cought lying before.
You forget Mclaren is using Formula 1 tactics to try and mislead the other teams / new customers :party:
Like spying on Ferrari and having to pay a 100M dollar fine to the FIA and being erased from that years contructors championship for unsporty behavior?
Spygate was probably the start of the downfall of Ron Dennis.

At least these supercars are part of his heritage. :party:

:back to topic:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The McLaren BP23 is the F1 successor. Or a hommage to the F1, as Mclaren calls it.
It will have the same 3 seat configuration. Only 106 will be build.

Price will start from 2.3 Million British Pounds. 8-)

A while back Salomondrin mentioned this car, but it was quickly denied by McLaren. It now appears he was right.
Some loyal customers have been shown early renderings and asked for their opinion.

Car is rumored to be released in 2019. :party:

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Miao wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:27 pm Dupe thread. :mrgreen:

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2504
Can't outninja you, can i? Strange thing is, i actually searched for it, but nothing showed... :mrgreen:

At least they now finally confirm the existance of that project through official channels. :party:

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

‘We are calling BP23 a ‘Hyper-GT’ because it’s a car designed for longer journeys but with the high levels of performance and driver engagement expected of any McLaren.'

Sounds like a Chiron
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The time when a sports car was simply called that has been long gone. Problem with finding superlatives is that you run quickly out of them. Only Koenigseggs Mega Car was valid. Super Cars (220MPH+) and Hypercars (240MPH+) are a regular category now. Food for marketing people. When everybody uses Hyper, it loses impact.

They could simply ditch the Hyper, stop following the hype and be original. :twocents-02cents:

What they all have in common, is creating a wannahave for the rich, by producing less than demand and overcharge massively. But the big bucks will be made after the last one rolls from the factory, so is it a real smart thing to do?

I think this new McLaren will be stunning.
And the real name will be revealed in 2019. Probably without Hyper in it. ;)

Return to “The Showroom”