The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

De Macross Epique GT1 '11
De Macross Epique GT1 '11.jpg
The Epique GT1 is a Canadian-Korean supercar first presented in the 2011 Dubai Motor Show.

The car is the creation of Korean oil mogul Keyser Hur, who is also a car collector, AutoCar reported. The engineering was done in Toronto, Canada, by supplier Multimatic.

De Macross employed the help of Multimatic to help them incorporate F1 technology into their new car. The aluminum monocoque tub that houses the interior of the car was designed and fabricated by Multimatic and they also helped to connect the front and rear substructures for the suspension and engine. The company was also able to get the car safe enough to pass global safety standards of FMVSS and EEC.

Power comes from a supercharged Ford 5.4-liter V8 breathed upon by Roush. The transaxle comes from Ricardo, and there are front and rear alloy subframes holding the DSSV suspension in place. DSSV also reportedly supplies the Red Bull F1 team and cars.

The suspension system comes directly from F1 and uses a Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSV) dampers. These can be independently adjusted via an inboard push-rod. By changing the spring damper and rocker motion ratio the vehicle is able to change ride height and increase the effective spring rate.

Specs:
De Macross Epique GT1 '11 specs.png
De Macross Epique GT1 '11 specs.png (5.42 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
De Macross Epique GT1 '11 rear.jpg
De Macross Epique GT1 '11 side.jpg
De Macross Epique GT1 '11 interior.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

legacybear wrote:I thought Tsukishima was a male because of Japanese mythology, you know, the deities that represent the sun and moon. The moon (or as said in Japanese, 'Tsuki') one would be Tsukuyomi and is described as a male, while the sun is the female
My username has nothing to do with Japanese folklore and mythology. It's merely my last name, a very uncommon Japanese surname, which is why I love it so much. Image
legacybear wrote:But yea, now that I see this
死の (Shino) wrote:Tsuki-chan.
I should have known, since the 'chan' is always used with girls.
You're wrong. It can be used with males, for example, an old man can use the "chan" with any of his grandchildren. :geek:
legacybear wrote:I used to really like animes when I had around 14-17 years, I never thought the really really small knowledge I gained from these would be useful one day. . .
Why did you stop likin' them? :|
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
legacybear
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Tsukishima wrote:
legacybear wrote:I used to really like animes when I had around 14-17 years, I never thought the really really small knowledge I gained from these would be useful one day. . .
Why did you stop likin' them? :|
Because of time.

Between having to choose 1 of these 5 things to get rid of: College, cars, gaming, friends, watching any TV program. I chose the last one.
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Ford Mustang Cobra SVT '03
Ford Mustang Cobra SVT '03.JPG
The Ford Mustang SVT Cobra was a pony car built by Ford Motor Company through the Special Vehicle Team division. It is a high-performance version of the Mustang built by Ford, sitting in the model range above the Mustang GT model.

Debuting in early 2002, the 2003 Cobra, code named "Terminator" by the SVT development crew, lead by John Coletti, came with a supercharged 4.6 L DOHC engine. Numerous improvements were made to the power train and drive line to handle the increase from the previous model year. A cast iron block was used instead of aluminum, with stronger internals, including forged Zolner pistons and Manley H-beam connecting rods that were modified with a wrist pin oiling hole by the SVT engine builders. These upgrades were critical in order to support the 8 psi (0.55 bar) of boost delivered from the stock Eaton M112 roots supercharger. Other improvements include the use of an aluminium flywheel connected to a Tremec T-56 six-speed transmission, 3.55:1 rear axle ratio and stronger 31 spline half shafts with revised upper and lower control arms. These modifications launched the Cobra from 0-100 km/h in 4.5 seconds.

The new Cobra also had exterior differences: It featured a new front bumper with integrated spoiler, a new rear bumper with a black insert, visually integrating the exhaust pipes, a hood with functional dual scoops, newly designed side scoops and foldback mirrors painted in the body color. The side skirts were designed specifically for the 2003-2004 mustang cobra body kit, featuring a smooth body line from the door to the bottom of the car.

Compared to the 99-02 Cobras, which had the taillights taken from the Canadian Mustang, featuring a yellow turn signal, the 03-04 Cobra used the standard Mustang taillights which were all red, eliminating the distinctive yellow blinker. SVT also introduced new 17" rims on the 03-04 model. Finally, the 03-04 Cobra sported a new decklid spoiler with an integrated LED brake light, as opposed to the wings seen on the older Cobras and the standard Mustangs.

Press release:
► Show Spoiler
Specs:
Ford Mustang Cobra SVT '03 specs.png
Ford Mustang Cobra SVT '03 specs.png (8.86 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
Ford Mustang Cobra SVT '03 rear.jpg
Ford Mustang Cobra SVT '03 side.jpg
Ford Mustang Cobra SVT '03 interior.jpg
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Bush
Rookie
Rookie

You only added the Mustang Cobra now?!

All of the Mustang's, Diablo's and Porsche's should have been in this list since the beginning!

-Bush
ALL YOUR BUSH ARE BELONG TO ME![/b] Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bush wrote:All of the Mustang's, Diablo's and Porsche's should have been in this list since the beginning!
Ah nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. Nope! :snooty:

Do you have any idea of how many racing Diablos are there? Let's say that it's a number higher than 15. :?

I'm not addin' every Mustang too, I'll just pick the best version of each generation of that car, just like the one Shino-kun made a post for, it's the best 4th generation Mustang around. :P

And let's not even get into Porsche. While EA still have that stupid exclusive license with it, I'm gonna turn my attention to more important manufacturers. ;)
legacybear
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Very nice De Macross and Mustang, I didn't know the first one was Korean.

Here are more cars for you:

Aston Martin Project Vantage 1998

Marcos Mantara LM600 Road Car 1995
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Delahaye 145 Grand Prix '37
Delahaye 145 Grand Prix '37.jpg
At a time when the German and to a lesser extent the Italian governments pretty much bankrolled the (Grand Prix) racing operation in their respective countries, the French found a different way to motivate the local racing car manufacturers. It must have stung so badly that an Italian car held the speed record over 200 km on the high speed Monthelery race track that the French national racing club raised 400,000 Francs from their members as prize money for the first French manufacturer to beat it before March 31st of 1937. One of the conditions was that the record breaking car should comply with the revised regulations for Grand Prix cars, which kicked in on January 1st of 1938. This meant the engine displacement was limited to 4.5 litres for a Naturally Aspirated engine or 3 litres with forced induction. They did allow for a tolerance of 10%. Sadly no manufacturer was up to the challenge. A conglomorate of French alloy producers were inspired by this effort and upped the ante to one million Francs and stretched the deadline to August 31st. They did require strict uphelding of the new regulations, so the potential record breaker could also represent France in international racing the following seasons. This time round it worked.

With this much money at stake quite a few French manufacturers were willing to take a gamble and the likes of Bugatti, Talbot Lago and Delahaye started to work on their record breakers. Talbot Lago bailed out relatively early and Bugatti worked on modifying an existing engine to meet the requirements. Delahaye, on the other hand, saw the bigger picture and decided to go all out and build a completely new engine from scratch. At that time their line-up of road and racing cars all shared a 3.5 litre six cylinder engine, which was not a likely base for a Grand Prix engine in that highly competitive era. The tubular ladder frame chassis, however, was well up to the task and served as a basis for the new racing car. The rules clearly favoured supercharged engines, but the company's lack of experience with forced induction pretty much ruled that out, especially considering the time restraints. No matter how advanced the new power-plant would be, it was highly unlikely it would produce as much power as the supercharged engines, so much attention was paid to saving throughout the design of the racer.

Possibly with help from the same companies that initiated the competition, Delahaye used lightweight alloys extensively in both the engine block and heads of their new V12. In an age when cast-iron engines were the norm, the use of aluminium alloy for the heads and magnesium alloy for the engine block was quite a daring move. It did not stop there though as the engineers came up with an interesting valvetrain as well. They employed the basic design used previously by Riley, which featured a camshaft on each side of the block actuating the intake and exhaust valves separately through push-rods and rockers. Three camshafts were used in the V12; a central camshaft inside the V for the intake valves and one on either side of the block for the exhaust valves. Breathing through three Stromberg carburettors, the compact and light V12 produced between 220 and 240 bhp depending on the fuel mixture used. In good French tradition, it was mated to a four-speed Cotal preselector gearbox. The Delahaye 135 derived chassis featured wishbones with transverse friction dampers at the front and an old fashioned live axle at the rear.

With just four days to go until the second deadline would expire, Rene Dreyfuss arrived at Monthelery with the new Delahaye 145. It would not be a surprise if the barely finished, unpainted and above all very ugly racer was received very skeptically by the gathered crowd. Once it got going the skepticism turned into admiration as Dreyfus started to get well up to speed and at the end of the day was just fast enough to beat the record and claim the prize money. The gamble had paid off and Delahaye was one million Francs and a brand new Grand Prix racer richer. In fact the car was designed in such a way that it would also be eligible for Le Mans, so the ploy to get France back on the international racing map had really worked. To celebrate this major achievement the Delahaye was painted blue with a red and white banner running down each side of the car from the radiator cap. Now that there was some more time for details, the body was slightly revised and especially in sports trim with its large swooping fenders the 145 did not look too bad. Along the same lines four more examples of the V12 racers were constructed.

Thanks to its head-start, the Delahaye 145 was the only car ready in time for the 1938 season. Dreyfus profited from the problems the other teams had coming to grips with the engine displacement limitations by winning the Pau and Cork Grand Prix. Once the three litre supercharged Mercedes-Benz was ready there was little the French could do; it was almost twice as powerful. There was more success though for Delahaye that season when a six cylinder 135 took the marque's first overall win at Le Mans. The 145s were fielded there and other endurance races like the Mille Miglia as well, but the V12 engine proved too fragile. A fully single seater version of the V12, dubbed the 155, was constructed as a last, but unfruitful attempt to regain competitiveness. War fell over Europe and the racing cars were disassembled and carefully hidden. When the hostilities were over at least three 145s were re-assembled, fitted with new bodies and detuned engines, and sold as road cars. Delahaye's racing days were over.

Today at least four examples of the 145 remain, including the 'Million Franc Car'. One of the road cars was returned to its original specification, while the other two still sport their Chapron bodies. An affectionate collector of French motor cars had owned the 'Million Franc Car' for over 15 years before he decided it was time to completely return it to its former glory. The restoration was conveniently timed so the car would be ready for the 2006 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, which celebrated Delahaye. Fortunately he decided to return the car to its Mille Miglia specification with large fenders, rather than the very ugly original look. Not only did he come to 'Pebble' to claim first in class, he also entered and raced the car in the Monterey Historics where it was more in its element. He also brought both Chapron bodied cars to Pebble and a later V12 engined type 165. It is rare to see one V12 Delahaye, making four on one day an absolute treat.

Specs:
Delahaye 145 Grand Prix '37 specs.png
Delahaye 145 Grand Prix '37 specs.png (5.34 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
Delahaye 145 Grand Prix '37 rear.jpg
Delahaye 145 Grand Prix '37 interior.jpg
Delahaye 145 Grand Prix '37 engine.jpg
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Donto P1 '13
Donto P1 '13.jpg
The P1 is an Argentinian-built supercar presented in the 2013 Buenos Aires Motor Show.

The Donto P1 is based around a stainless steel chassis covered with carbon fiber body panels. The designer, Lucas Lopez, has done a great job of making the car look stylish, sporty, and perhaps most importantly of all, original.

The car is fitted with a Volkswagen-sourced turbocharged 2.0 TSi capable of 300 hp, the unit is mounted in a mid-transverse position and is mated to a six-speed gearbox.

As you’d expect from such a lightweight, minimalist design, there isn’t a huge number of luxury options. However it does come with a removable roof and windshield. The simple dash features a racecar-like AIM LCD display with 8 channels of data acquisition. In a further nod to its track-origins, the Donto P1 features race harnesses and a removable steering wheel.
Donto P1 '13 rear.jpg
Donto P1 '13 interior.jpg
Donto P1 2013.jpg
Donto P1.jpg
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

legacybear wrote:Marcos Mantara LM600 Road Car 1995
And I just found out there's a better version of it, the LM600 EVO.

Wow, I can really see the similarities this have with the TVR Cerbera Speed 12.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.

Return to “The Showroom”