The Perfect Car List For a Game

The Place for Car enthusiasts to chat about the cars they like and dislike
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Nissan Skyline GT-R M•spec Nür '02
Nissan Skyline GT-R M • spec Nür '02.jpg
The much anticipated R34 was unveiled in January 1999, armed with a total new approach to styling and technology. The new GT-R was a bit smaller than its predecessor, with a slightly shorter overall length and wheelbase. The new chassis, whose structural rigidity was increased dramatically, made for a car more adept through tight corners. The R34's exterior styling was based on form over function with all the elements designed to help the car's aerodynamics, including providing massing amounts of downforce at high speed.

For the engine, the RB26DETT saw significant improvements, including the refinement of the ceramic turbocharger that generated less friction. The 2.6-liter inline-6 was more efficient than before and produced more torque, rated at 40.0 kgm (289.3 ft-lb). Horsepower remained level at an advertised 276 HP, the maximum allowed for JDM cars at the time. The ATTESA E-TS all-wheel-drive system efficiently managed torque between the four wheels. The R34's steering system was also tweaked to exhibit more sharpness.

The high-performance V-spec model featured an active LSD (Limited Slip Differential). The V-spec II, introduced in October 2002, got a carbon fiber hood with NACA ducts. A better riding version of the GT-R arrived in May 2001 in the form the M-spec.

As a final hurrah for the R34, in January 2002, Nissan unveiled the most potent (non-tuned) GT-R R34 ever, called the Skyline GT-R V.spec II Nür and the Skyline GT-R M·spec Nür. The Nür was named after the famous German Nürburgring racetrack, where the Skyline was developed. In total 1000 R34 GT-R Nür(s) were made, 750 were V·spec II Nürs and 250 M·Spec Nürs. The Nür model featured an improved RB26DETT based on the N1 racing engine. The standard turbochargers were upgraded to larger versions with a slight increase in boost and the ceramic blades were replaced with steel versions. This has increased lag, but to compensate the turbo's durability was improved while being able to handle a bigger boost increase.

The V.spec II Nür is based on the regular V·spec II model, and the M·spec Nür was based on the regular M·spec model. Other than the addition of the Nür engine, the Nür models also included a different color of stitching on the interior trim, as well as a speedometer reading up to 300 km/h, and gold valve covers instead of red. Due to Japanese car industry norms at the time, the car was advertised as having 276 hp but it actually had 335 hp when it left the factory.

Specs:
Nissan Skyline GT-R M • spec Nür '02 specs.png
Nissan Skyline GT-R M • spec Nür '02 specs.png (5.93 KiB) Viewed 2728 times
Nissan Skyline GT-R M • spec Nür.jpg
Nissan Skyline GT-R M • spec Nür '02 rear.jpg
Nissan Skyline GT-R M • spec Nür '02 rear2.jpg
Nissan Skyline GT-R M • spec Nür '02 interior.jpg
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
sw3gameboy
Rookie
Rookie

Bizzarrini Manta '68
Bizzarrini Manta '68.jpg
Launched at the 1968 Turin Motor Show, the Bizzarrini Manta was the fruit of a collaboration between two Italian motoring greats at opposite phases of their respective careers. Designer Giorgietto Giugiaro had just established his own company, ItalDesign, for which the Manta was the very first design. On the other hand the P538, on which the show car was based, represented the end of the line for Giotto Bizzarrini as an independent manufacturer. Judging from the result, the two men timed their collaboration just right.

Following spells at Fiat, Bertone and Ghia, the still very young Giugiaro felt it was time to set up his design studio in 1967. Thanks to the quality of his previous designs, he had few problems securing funding. All he needed was a spectacular project that would ensure the launch of his new company would not go unnoticed. In the workshop of the ailing Bizzarrini company, he found the suitable basis for his new show car. This was the mid-engined P538, which had previously been raced at Le Mans but now lingered in a corner waiting for a new purpose.

Conceived late in 1965, the P538 was the first clean-sheet design from Giotto Bizzarrini for his own company. Built for an American customer, the first two examples were fitted with Lamborghini's V12 engine; another Bizzarrini design. Intended for competition, the third chassis was equipped with the small-block Chevrolet V8 that was also used in the marque's front-engined cars. With very few test kilometres under its belt, the car was entered in the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans where it retired after a waterline burst during it pit stop. It was raced once more in October of 1966 and then set aside.

Taking advantage of the cutting-edge chassis, Giugiaro abandoned the traditional 'three-box' design, which had easily identifiable nose, cockpit and tail sections. Instead, the profile of the Manta consisted of a single line that ran from the tip of the nose to the cut-off tale. This was only because of the mid-mounted engine, which allowed for the very low required by this approach. A focal point was the windshield that had a rake of just 15°. Glass was also extensively used aft of the cockpit, showing off the engine and also aiding visibility.

The interior also broke with convention as it featured three seats, with the driver located in the middle. This had previously been seen on the Ferrari 365 P Speciale but considering the width of the chassis seemed more than the obvious route. To aid driver access, a relatively small gear-lever was fitted. The collapsable steering wheel featured a long column that extended from the centre of the deep dashboard. Little reminded of the car's racing heritage in the lavishly finished appointed interior that featured ample leather trim.

The Manta was finished in acid green with red accentuated louvres on the tail that resembled the gills on the Manta Ray after which the show car was named. Hard to miss, it was one of the absolute stars at the Turin Motor Show. The first ItalDesign creation also received universal acclaim in the world media, gracing the cover of the March 1969 Road & Track issue for example. Repainted red with contrasting white and blue racing stripes, it was subsequently shown at the Tokyo Racing Car Show and the Los Angeles Auto Expo.

During the return from Los Angeles to Italy, it was lost and not seen again until 1978 or 1979 when it appeared in a Port of Genoa customs auction. It was acquired by an Italian enthusiast, who had it restored by Carrozzeria SD, owned by former Bizzarrini foreman Salvatore Diomante. A few years later it was sold to a Swedish enthusiast, who showed the car at various events including ItalDesign's 20th and 30th year anniversary celebrations. Some years later he sold the car to a Texas-based enthusiast, who in turn sold it to the current owner in 2005.

At that time, the unique Bizzarrini was in the final stages of a thorough restoration to its original, 1968 configuration and colour scheme. Once completed, the Manta was shown at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance where it won its class. In the following years, it starred at a wide variety of events including the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este and the ItalDesign 40th anniversary celebrations at the Geneva Motor Show.

Specs:
Bizzarrini Manta '68 specs.PNG
Bizzarrini Manta '68 specs.PNG (5.14 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
Bizzarrini Manta '68 rear.jpg
Bizzarrini Manta '68 side.jpg
Bizzarrini Manta '68 interior.jpg
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

sw3gameboy wrote:Bizzarrini Manta '68
Much thanks for your post but please don't make car posts for cars that are not present in the list at the OP.

Actually, I'd appreciate more if you PM'ed me the text for you car posts before issuin' them here so that I can make my own adjustments to it. I don't want them to look like a wall of text, something copy-pasted from Wikipedia, or PR bullshit. There are only 2 people I trust to give me a text without me havin' to review it before postin' it here.

Also, silver is much better than turquoise. :P

Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
sw3gameboy
Rookie
Rookie

Tsukishima wrote: Much thanks for your post but please don't make car posts for cars that are not present in the list at the OP.
I knew it wasn't in the list and I thought it deserved a spot there. Just sayin'...
Tsukishima wrote:Actually, I'd appreciate more if you PM'ed me the text for you car posts before issuin' them here so that I can make my own adjustments to it. I don't want them to look like a wall of text, something copy-pasted from Wikipedia, or PR bullshit. There are only 2 people I trust to give me a text without me havin' to review it before postin' it here.
I get what you mean but I'm not sure about what kind of text I can PM you (wall of text, copy-paste etc). :?: Hope you get what I mean.
Tsukishima wrote: Also, silver is much better than turquoise. :P
I actually like that turquoise but that's just personal :P
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

sw3gameboy wrote:I knew it wasn't in the list and I thought it deserved a spot there. Just sayin'...
It is indeed, but some of your posts might have ended up in vain if I hadn't said a thing about this, mainly because I don't want a certain person bitchin' about we expandin' the list.
sw3gameboy wrote:I get what you mean but I'm not sure about what kind of text I can PM you (wall of text, copy-paste etc). :?: Hope you get what I mean.
You PM me the text you came up with for the car post, but do not submit the post until I make my own adjustments to text, if necessary, and say it's okay.

Hmm, you know what... I think I might want to keep the number of people dealin' with the texts of this list/database low, a considerable amount of friends decided to help out lately (check out the bottom of the OP, there's a credits list if you haven't noticed :D ), it's appreciated but some of them actually end up generatin' more work for me as one of them, for example, make a quite good bad amount of typos (no, it's not Viktor). If I do so I may end up reducin' the amount of text I have to review and the amount of work I have to myself, not to mention that I often still research the car and come up with the text myself; and I still have real life to worry about.

Can you just stop makin' car posts, for now? You can still help by tellin' me here about any car, like that Bizzarrini for example, that deserves a spot in the list but is not there yet, just like how Viktor used to do it or how legacybear is still doin' it, if you desire to do so. Whenever you come up with something I'm goin' to add it up to the queue of cars that need research, and, if necessary, post it in another car forum to see if people really agree it's a car worth of bein' in a game.
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote: There are only 2 people I trust to give me a text without me havin' to review it before postin' it here.
Can you ask Nogai or whoever is the 2nd person to join this forum? So that they can make a post themselves whenever I tell you I don't have time or just don't want to make a "car post", they could also speed up the rate at which new researched cars are posted or give me or you more time to rest. :mrgreen:
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote:Can you ask Nogai or whoever is the 2nd person to join this forum?
I can, but I don't think he wants to/would join it, otherwise you would already have seen car posts made by himself. :|
死の (Shino) wrote:or whoever is the 2nd person
You are that 2nd person I trust with the texts. ^^
死の (Shino) wrote:they can make a post themselves whenever I tell you I don't have time or just don't want to make a "car post", they could also speed up the rate at which new researched cars are posted or give me or you more time to rest. :mrgreen:
If you don't feel like makin' a car post then just don't do it, it's not like I'm goin' to be disappointed at you just for not makin' a post when you don't want to do it. The pace these researches are bein' made is perfectly fine to me, no need to speed it up.

Also, if I feel like I need some rest from this I just... Well, take a rest from it! You can take one anytime too if you wish, I don't know about you but I'm only continuin' doin' research on the cars of the list because it's something I like to do. Image
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:You are that 2nd person I trust with the texts. ^^
Oh wow, I guess I should say thanks. Wasn't expecting this as I still sometimes make silly errors with english, I think.
Tsukishima wrote:If you don't feel like makin' a car post then just don't do it, it's not like I'm goin' to be disappointed at you just for not makin' a post when you don't want to do it. The pace these researches are bein' made is perfectly fine to me, no need to speed it up.
I personally don't like disappointing people, good to see that you wouldn't be disappointed. I just feel like I should be making at least one car post per day and I always try to do it, but now I can rest knowing that you wouldn't mind if I took occasional breaks from this, more than I already do when I alert you that I won't be able to post something or that I just have too much work...
Tsukishima wrote:I'm only continuin' doin' research on the cars of the list because it's something I like to do. Image
Me too but there are times when I just don't feel like making one of these researches.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote:I just feel like I should be making at least one car post per day and I always try to do it, but now I can rest knowing that you wouldn't mind if I took occasional breaks from this, more than I already do when I alert you that I won't be able to post something or that I just have too much work...
You did say in the past that you help me with this because you want, I guess you just don't remember it, men. :roll:

And if you help because you want, feel free to take stop whenever you want or just take breaks, I don't mind it (that much...), it's not like I'm here holdin' you off or anything.
legacybear
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Peugeot 607 Feline Concept, a pretty interesting car from Peugeot I only found out about it's existence today.

Hope you like it.

Return to “The Showroom”