Windows 10

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, W10 can deactivate programs. Very annoying, especially if you have things depending on them. :roll:

I will upgrade 2 more of my PC's this weekend. One from 8.1pro and another from W7. Those will be the last i had running on older OS. Except for one. But i will leave the old dual boot on that one. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes very, but EVGA's PrecisionX overclocking software is running perfect on the PC with the same overclock and everything, so it was just MSI Afterburner that failed, and for that i'll not use it again. Plus when i buy a GTX 1070 it will very likely be from EVGA so it makes sense to get to know PrecisionX better.
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

first MS didn't let me keep an older version of a chat program i use
and instaled the latest, way more boring version with anoying sounds (that they probably can monitor)
i reïnstaled the old one 4 times again and i could use it, as long as i didn't closed the PC off
even wenn i set all the windows settings to ask before updating anything...

now they removed the program "Realplayer" from my PC a program that lets ya download online video's
i reïnstaled it but the moment i started it up ... poef, gone again
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The first signs of W10 interference are there. Auto updates you don't want are forced and programs are removed they don't want.
This is only the beginning of a totalitary regime where they try to think for you and also will limit the choices to apps they sell from the store.
W10 is the ultimate PC Dictatorship. :twocents-02cents:

One of the reasons why i hesitated to install W10 to begin with.

W10 has many benefits and will get a lot more, once all XB1 games become available cross platform.
The downside will be the apple-like closed environment they strive for. Windos has always been an "open" platform. Limiting that will eventually lead to other OS (linux based or other) to take the upper hand. Not iOS, not Android or any other large company controlled substance.

People like freedom. A PC operating system should provide that. :character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm i think i'll try to do a Windows 10 reset, and try to see if there is in fact something wrong with my version of Windows 10, so i'm backing up my files now and then i'll reset it abit latter and see if i can play The Crew like i used to before it all went haywire.

If that doesn't work then i'll have to make a partion on my 500 GB SSD and install Windows 8.1 Pro on it, but i would need a new key as the old Win8.1 Pro key doesn't work anymore, as it have been replaced by a Win10 Pro key.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

You can also try to run in W8 compatibility mode.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:You can also try to run in W8 compatibility mode.
I already tried that and it did nothing, so it tells me it must be something in Windows 10 that must have been corrupted somehow.

So now I'm trying the complete reset to if it fixes my issues.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Brace yourselves for the next update from Micro$oft, the "Anniversary Edition" :mrgreen:
It's due around July 29 and promises lots of new stuff, good of bad you decide. :P
Full List
Officially, Microsoft hasn't announced a release date for this summer's Anniversary Update to Windows 10. But the safe bet is Friday, July 29, one year to the day after the original release of Windows 10.

At its annual Build developers conference in San Francisco last month, executives on the Windows team showed off features due for the summer update, previously code-named Redstone. With the release of build 14328 last Friday, members of the Windows Insider program can finally get their hands on some of those new additions.

By my count, this is at least the ninth public release of a Windows 10 build in the 14xxx series for PCs since late January, and it is by far the most feature rich. The list of changes in the new build is substantial, with a handful of new features that are tailor-made for new Windows 10 devices like Microsoft's Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book.

The new Start experience (don't call it a Start menu, please) is the most obvious change. The latest Start redesign adds a scrolling, alphabetical All Apps list, shrinking the Power, Settings, and pinned folders icons to a thin bar on the left. The result requires fewer clicks on the controversial hamburger menu to get tasks accomplished.
windows-10-anniversary-update-start-screen.jpg
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I had to go to the Office to do some emergency maintenance on W10 laptops and PC's. W10 auto updates seriously mess up things. From being unable to print to mouse not being recognized and some programs crashed or would not boot. Even Mozilla Firefox crashed on one PC.

Automated driver installs are not always good for every system. In this case they messed things up a lot. Took me a couple of hours to get things running as they should again, but it should not have happened in the first place.
This was the reason why i hesitated to upgrade to W10. :think:

W10 intervenes too much with PC's. They make choices you don't want. That type of "intelligent" updates is really counter productive. :twocents-02cents:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Take legal actions, just say you lost money as the PC's were out of action and they might just pay you instead of going to court, happens alot in USA just now :D

But just either fully Win10 or not at all or there will be issues.

Return to “PC”