The Crew Wild Run Expansion

No votes

Total votes: 0
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Car models are also more detailed now with more depth. Reflections have been overhauled etc.

I've been in contact with IT and there will be more announced on what graphics have been overhauled soon®
It is a huge upgrade. The graphics system seems to be the one they developed for other Ubi Games as well.
This allows for much more detail at a similar or even lower load on the GPU. Also for the consoles.

:spy:
You could so the rollcage in the 458 in the comparison video Bez posted, it shows a big graphic upgrade 8-)

Less GPU would be a nice edition, but i doubt it happen as The Crew as it is now needs massive amount of GPU power to great at higher resolutions, so i welcome the better optimized video engine if they can make it work while it has to render more :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It doesn't really have to render more, just in a different way it seems. More efficient. More next gen.

I'm not sure about this, but it might be this Snowdrop engine or something similar from another UbiSoft Studio.

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-snowdr ... en-engine/

They already mentioned different studios when i was in Lyon. Maybe the Massive Studios are involved now as well.
It does look like it.

Wild Guess for the Wild Run :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

I seriously hope this game adds at least a sufficient amount of jap cars [read: r35 GTR].
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Heres a quote from the team at Ivory Tower on the graphics system.
"The graphics engine has been totally reworked to shift to real-time rendering with a Physically Based Rendering system (the same system used in many of our new-gen games). The main benefit is an improved immersion into a more photorealistic world: lighting seems much more lifelike by day and at night, the perceived depth of field is enhanced (also by improving assets' density,) and textures are more detailed (specifically noticeable on buildings, pedestrians, traffic cars). Reworked shaders improve the reflection on car liveries to bring a whole new level of authenticity. Last but not least, new weather effects - like thunderstorms, lightning and rain, with surface changes and vegetation behaviour modifications add a level of difficulty when driving through inclement weather, and bring even more liveliness to the world."
One of the more exciting features of upcoming The Crew expansion, Wild Run, is the promise of all-new and improved graphics.
We have entirely reworked the graphics engine to shift to a physically based rendering system," he explained. "We've also added weather systems that affect road conditions adding another layer of driving challenge."
Guillaume also noted that "depth of view has been considerably improved and intensified".
Image Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Nice, I like the graphics overhaul and dynamic weather, adds to the realism. NEED MOAR REALISM! Looking forward to this.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote:I seriously hope this game adds at least a sufficient amount of jap cars [read: r35 GTR].
Subaru BRZ brings a new brand to The Crew. This also opens the possibility for the Impreza ;)
And the Datsun 240Z will make an appearance soon®

The R35 was mentioned. But Nissan has a strange limitation policy on that car. Remember in TDU2 you could not paint or stick it. The R34 has much more history and is a legend. More than the R35 will ever get or ever be. So they picked the right GTR for The Crew IMO.

Lexus would be cool to have.

For what i know the team is still working on new car deals. Even today. Unlike some mentioned on other sites that all is fixed and already spoken for. That is not true. So there might still be some surprises in the pipeline. The Crew has different development protocols than any other game. It is made with a vision of years to come.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:
Prepsi wrote:I seriously hope this game adds at least a sufficient amount of jap cars [read: r35 GTR].
Subaru BRZ brings a new brand to The Crew. This also opens the possibility for the Impreza ;)
And the Datsun 240Z will make an appearance soon®

The R35 was mentioned. But Nissan has a strange limitation policy on that car. Remember in TDU2 you could not paint or stick it. The R34 has much more history and is a legend. More than the R35 will ever get or ever be. So they picked the right GTR for The Crew IMO.

Lexus would be cool to have.

For what i know the team is still working on new car deals. Even today. Unlike some mentioned on other sites that all is fixed and already spoken for. That is not true. So there might still be some surprises in the pipeline. The Crew has different development protocols than any other game. It is made with a vision of years to come.
So we can't stick it in TDU2 yet in NFS you can apply 30 inch rims, flame vinyls, and a dinner plate spoiler? It's been in tons of racing games, and if Nissan seriously doesn't want it being made into sacrilege, why not make it like the GranTurismo in the game and not allow any bodykits on it?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote: So we can't stick it in TDU2 yet in NFS you can apply 30 inch rims, flame vinyls, and a dinner plate spoiler? It's been in tons of racing games, and if Nissan seriously doesn't want it being made into sacrilege, why not make it like the GranTurismo in the game and not allow any bodykits on it?
There are already cars in the game that allow very little modifications. For every mod, the dev team needs permission from the manufacturer. If they really want to add the R35, they can do it. Maybe it will appear someday.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some of the spotted cars-bikes :party:

Subaru BRZ Drift/Street
Kawasaki NInja Street/Perf/Circ/Dirt
Ducatti Monster Street/Dirt/Perf
Lotus Evora Perf
BMW X6 M Dirt/Raid
Aston Martin 2012 Vanquish Perf
KTM 450 EXC Stock Dirt
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Stock
Lotus Exige Perf
Ruf Rt35 Drag/Perf/Dirt

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Some of the spotted cars-bikes :party:

Subaru BRZ Drift/Street
Kawasaki NInja Street/Perf/Circ/Dirt
Ducatti Monster Street/Dirt/Perf
Lotus Evora Perf
BMW X6 M Dirt/Raid
Aston Martin 2012 Vanquish Perf
KTM 450 EXC Stock Dirt
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Stock
Lotus Exige Perf
Ruf Rt35 Drag/Perf/Dirt
So I know the Ivory Tower presenter talked about how people have been demanding JDM since day one, but I still only see one Japanese car on that list, excluding the Datsun. Do we know anything else about what cars might be released?
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

Return to “The Crew Game”