The Crew Factions

No votes

Total votes: 0
Aaeroniro
Rookie
Rookie

Tsukishima wrote:Oh c'mon there was nothing wrong with my post, I just felt it was polite to answer the question someone made to me. Even though it was off-topic.
Did you know that there's a nice a new feature called "Private Messages"? :ugeek:
:back to topic:

As for the factions, I think I would go with Mountain Area too, but because of the rocky area and deserts, not because of snow.
Officially unregistered.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I think I'll wait and see what the benefits are for joining each faction before I decide on the one to go for.
Maybe the unique benefits of the different factions are to help with the challenges of that specific area. :idea:
ImageImage
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

I hope the benefits aren't all parts related. With that i mean perf parts. I hope (for example) that if you choose mountain states you get a better choice of rally cars or a more rally orientated experience with that faction. You'd get more street orientated cars/unlocks with the East coast/west coast as another example.
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:Oh c'mon there was nothing wrong with my post, I just felt it was polite to answer the question someone made to me. Even though it was off-topic.
It's okay, I got to read it. And I'm glad I wasn't wrong about where you live! Bet yeah, I'm really curious to see how they are going to distribute the benefits. Like what Boxxout was saying, it would be cool to have major discounts on certain cars from the different regions, or even a free car for joining a faction! Actually, that's starting to sound a bit like Need for Speed Carbon!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is logical if certain factions will have benefits in their own regions. As there are 5 main tuning options, every region has probably 1 that suits the environment most. Or where you will be able to find most parts for a certain tuning option.

Hunting for parts collectively, or unlocking new cars and even more options will provide a new way of gameplay for race games.
I also like the part where you can win Crew Cash, Parts and XP. Both individually as well for the team. So there remains a little competition between team members as well, as the best performer gets the most cash.

The role of factions has not completely been revealed yet. It will be interesting to see how that will develop in the upcoming weeks.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's indeed interesting to see what they will do with it.
Let's just hope you can make your own choice and it does not affect the choice within the crew.

When reading this I'm actually thinking about what the benefits of crews will be. Will there also be goals to reach etc... . That's offtopic again though :)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Rumor is that Julian Gerighty will reveal some more info about the Factions in The Crew in the next Press Tour.

:spy:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Its about time we got some more info on the factions, they have been keeping this part of the game quiet for long enough. :party:
All I do know is each faction will be associated with a different region on the map and being a member of that faction will grant you special ability's or powers in that region. :banana-ninja:
ImageImage
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

This factions thread brings up a question about "The Crew Group" we joined with some relation to factions. Currently there are 124 members in the group. Would this be considered similar to an MMO guild where we achieve whatever for the group while also working on personal things? Have not read much on what benefits the group as a whole provides. I would assume the more factions you belonged to would benefit the group as a whole if that's how this works.
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wonder too if there will be something like a guild (or club in TDU2). Factions are not guilds, they are groups for which you can earn reputation and probably rewards, afaik.
Currently there's only a friends system and crew system (= party with max. 4 players).

Return to “The Crew Game”