The merging of the TDU 2 forum with the Atari forum?

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
BigDcBiggs
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I think it would b epic if some brave soul at Sony (Gran Turismo series), Microsoft (Forza series), or EA (Need for Speed series) bought the rights to the test drive franchise. Imagine TDU 2 with Forza's driving engine. Or the cops of the first NFS MW instead of the current cops. That would b worth $60. With the rights, "TDU 3" (could b called Forza Horizon 2 or something like that; TDU 2 would b hard to completely revamp) would b what TDU should've been. Also, the new company wouldn't have to redraw the whole island, just a new driving engine, different tuning, proper cops (or none at all), and better wheel control is all the game needs. (if this happens all the roads should come prediscovered). Lastly, all car (and hopefully bike) brands should b in the game, for Forza has just about every brand I've ever heard of. Thoughts? Comments? Constructive criticism? I'm considering fostering this idea to GT, FM, NFS if I can get enough support from the masses.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

BigDcBiggs wrote:I think it would b epic if some brave soul at Sony (Gran Turismo series), Microsoft (Forza series), or EA (Need for Speed series) bought the rights to the test drive franchise. Imagine TDU 2 with Forza's driving engine. Or the cops of the first NFS MW instead of the current cops. That would b worth $60. With the rights, "TDU 3" (could b called Forza Horizon 2 or something like that; TDU 2 would b hard to completely revamp) would b what TDU should've been. Also, the new company wouldn't have to redraw the whole island, just a new driving engine, different tuning, proper cops (or none at all), and better wheel control is all the game needs. (if this happens all the roads should come prediscovered). Lastly, all car (and hopefully bike) brands should b in the game, for Forza has just about every brand I've ever heard of. Thoughts? Comments? Constructive criticism? I'm considering fostering this idea to GT, FM, NFS if I can get enough support from the masses.
Sounds awesome, unfortunately just a pipe dream :D
ImageImage
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:Another week gone and still "testing some final functionality", if only they tested the game this well before release maybe we wouldn't of had so many bugs :whistle: :angry-tappingfoot:
In that case we would still only have a release date and no game at all :loll:
BigDcBiggs wrote:I think it would b epic if some brave soul at Sony (Gran Turismo series), Microsoft (Forza series), or EA (Need for Speed series) bought the rights to the test drive franchise. Imagine TDU 2 with Forza's driving engine. Or the cops of the first NFS MW instead of the current cops. That would b worth $60. With the rights, "TDU 3" (could b called Forza Horizon 2 or something like that; TDU 2 would b hard to completely revamp) would b what TDU should've been. Also, the new company wouldn't have to redraw the whole island, just a new driving engine, different tuning, proper cops (or none at all), and better wheel control is all the game needs. (if this happens all the roads should come prediscovered). Lastly, all car (and hopefully bike) brands should b in the game, for Forza has just about every brand I've ever heard of. Thoughts? Comments? Constructive criticism? I'm considering fostering this idea to GT, FM, NFS if I can get enough support from the masses.
Not a new suggestion but a good one anyway. At least the part where an active developers team is involved. Removing the exploration is a bad move IMO. It is a part of TDU.

A more logical approach is the involvement of SMS as they have already done TDFRL and the driving in that game is awesome. Combine that physics engine with the open World of TDU and you have an instant winner. :banana-dance:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Rockdo-do423
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I wonder if we could all raise enough money ourselves to make our own TDU3
PSN= Rockdo-do423 or Rockdodo

Steam = Rockdodo
Boeing2707SST
New Starter
New Starter

So I come back after a while not reading things about TDU2 and Atari and their website is still down... Wow, lol.
Psysim
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Boeing2707SST wrote:So I come back after a while not reading things about TDU2 and Atari and their website is still down... Wow, lol.
You've missed a whole chapter.... or 11 chapers :laughing-rolling: :loll: :dance:

You need to read the bad news thread, I can't see the old foums coming back in any hurry since the latest developments.
<?php
if ($indoubt) { echo "do nowt" ; }
else { echo "Execute the bar-steward" ; }
?>
Opps, there slips Atari.
Boeing2707SST
New Starter
New Starter

Psysim wrote:
Boeing2707SST wrote:So I come back after a while not reading things about TDU2 and Atari and their website is still down... Wow, lol.
You've missed a whole chapter.... or 11 chapers :laughing-rolling: :loll: :dance:

You need to read the bad news thread, I can't see the old foums coming back in any hurry since the latest developments.
Yes, I have been away for a while and I didn't really pay much attention to the news concerning Atari.

I was thinking of re buying the game, but knowing Atari's going bankrupt doesn't make me want to do so.
Doobrie69
New Starter
New Starter

Psysim wrote:
You've missed a whole chapter.... or 11 chapters :laughing-rolling: :loll: :dance:
Anyone actually miss the "official" forums? Thought I would, but I don't one bit.

This forum works a lot better than the last time I was here too. Took half an hour to load each page last year. And we get a range of silly smilies too! :teasing-nutkick: :occasion-santa: :woot:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Doobrie69 wrote:
Anyone actually miss the "official" forums? Thought I would, but I don't one bit.

This forum works a lot better than the last time I was here too. Took half an hour to load each page last year. And we get a range of silly smilies too! :teasing-nutkick: :occasion-santa: :woot:
Bez puts in a lot of effort to make the site look cool.
And most of the TDU regulars have found their way over here. No Atari censorship either, lol :lol:
I agree it has become a cool place :handgestures-thumbup:

:occasion-snowman:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote:I agree it has become a cool place :handgestures-thumbup:

:occasion-snowman:
Maybe someone should think about turning the heating up then! :laughing-rolling:
SORRY! - Signature currently unavailable - Please try again later!

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”