Test Drive Solar Crown Talk

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I looked at the piece of map from the trailer. Looks like lots of offroads and high elevations.

Clothes shop confirmed? and bicycles maybe lol.

Pedestrians on the street confirmed? Does that mean we can walk around freely outside? The more I watch the trailer, the more details I find lol

Classic Asian cars on the left? Or just NPC cars? You can also see 2 more pedestrians walking around on the street in this image.

6 Players cruising or could be NPC race. Does it mean online session cap is at 6? I hope I'm wrong.
Cycohead
New Starter
New Starter

So we have a place and a date...now we only need the DeLorian time machine with its flux capacitor...
Cycohead
New Starter
New Starter

Another info:
Ibiza 572 square kilometer
Oahu 1557 square kilometer

Hongkong 1106 square kilometer

(according to wikipedia...)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It would be cool to find a DeLorean, hit 88MPH and travel back to Oahu, but in the 70's or so. A lot less traffic and cooler rides :mrgreen:

As the TDU team probably have downloaded the complete Atari feedback forum, it would not surprise me to see some elements that are also in The Crew, Forza Horizon and others. But nothing beats the original.
Non hittable pedestrians to make the place feel more alive and many "interactive" objects ;) And fancy clothes, bling and accessories

I also see an obsession with wet roads emerge. Weather should be a feature and not a constant nuisance. I know they like to show off their eye candy shop. But drivability and playability remains key. No excessive weather and foggy BS needed. Unless it fits a narrative and storyline.

It looks like 8 player teams. 1 holds the camera. Maybe in a closed session only. They did mention MMO.
Interaction with other players was always a core feature in both TDU1 and 2.

In regards to the TDU vibe; high life lifestyle, fancy rides, customizable player homes (apartments) avatars and more to do outside of the cars. Hong Kong vibe is different. But a nice change of pace.
I would not worry too much with Jarniou at the helm. After all, he was the creative director at Eden Games during the TDU1 and 2 era. But times evolve, so does TDU.

And with one more year planned development, i can only imagine the amount of work that goes into these projects. Its huge. And it is good to root out most nasty bugs before release. Some recent highly anticipated titles had to be retracted and redone. You do not want a broken game at release. These days internet can be quite unforgiven. They know that.

Only real problem is to have to wait for another year... :shock:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Cycohead
New Starter
New Starter

So it´s enough time to save money for the XBOX Series X...

But I'm curious about the thing with the clans (Streets and Sharps)...Reminds me of 'The Crew'...
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

Cycohead wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:29 am Another info:

According to the info seen on the trailer, we'll have only the Hong Kong island which is 80 square kilometers (a bit bigger than GTA 5 map) I hope I'm wrong about this and it's the whole country.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

BATA_MANTA wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:40 pm
Cycohead wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:29 am Another info:

According to the info seen on the trailer, we'll have only the Hong Kong island which is 80 square kilometers (a bit bigger than GTA 5 map) I hope I'm wrong about this and it's the whole country.
Just the island I'm afraid, :(

Looks like well will have in-car radio and sat nav.

Inside the apartments
ImageImage
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well they did ask. :loll:
ImageImage
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

We just had the same discussion in our discord. I can't imagine they are delivering such a small map on a game that is highly expected for almost a decade. That would be not even half as big as the stupidly small Forza-maps. They are usually around 400m² (20x20km) and it takes not even 10 minutes to travel around. If it's really that small i'm not going to buy this game, but i guess lets wait for more infos about it.
Cruising is not a crime
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

DonnieBrasco wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:46 pm
We just had the same discussion in our discord. I can't imagine they are delivering such a small map on a game that is highly expected for almost a decade. That would be not even half as big as the stupidly small Forza-maps. They are usually around 400m² (20x20km) and it takes not even 10 minutes to travel around. If it's really that small i'm not going to buy this game, but i guess lets wait for more infos about it.
The info they are giving out at the moment is very confusing and seems to contradict in places about exactly what they mean about Hong Kong Island and showing a road leading away from it on the website isn't helping, and also that bit about a container port that seems to be on the mainland.

And they don't seem to see the need to clarify things so maybe this is deliberate. :shifty:
ImageImage

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”