Test Drive Solar Crown Talk

AlexVII
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bez wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:26 am I remember when The Crew was been developed they had us testing it long before it was released so far all we have seen of Testdrive Unlimited Solar Crown is some CGI footage. :roll:

With six months to go (if it is still on track) it would be very unwise to release a game like this without some extensive beta testing, especially as it is the first of its kind from this studio even though they have members on the team from the other TDU games. :geek:

Even now writing this at the beginning of April i already think they are running out of time to fit in a beta test and then sort out the bugs and promote the game ready for September. :eeek:
I guess time will tell but i think if we don't get anything in the next one to two months then a delay is definitely ing............................ :|com

A game doesn't NEED a beta to succeed though, major QA testing also works, and as per steamdb, they're updating the game build almost every day, pretty sure they're in the alpha stage right now. Beta would be around just before summer anyway, just based on what a friend in the racing game dev industry told me. I still stand by saying gameplay won't be shown until summer, it's gotta be the best state of the game, it's gotta look its best, it's the first impression too. If you set the idea you'll see gameplay in July, and news will happen earlier, late April or early May I don't think you'll be disappointed, I mean I'm pretty sure that's how they'll market it
AlexVII
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bez wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:47 am
MadManCK wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:37 am
dpuff wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:13 am E3 has been officially cancelled
I hate cancel culture. Officially. :teasing-nutkick:
I guess since the pandemic they all like to do their own thing so for TDU this just means it's ether Nacon connect or nothing.

Last one was TUESDAY, 7 JULY 2020, I guess that's pushing it with a September release. :mrgreen:

Nacon connect
July 5th should be this years Nacon Conenct date btw
AlexVII
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:20 am Maybe C19 ruined everybodies schedule in that regard. But just an invite won't do. We need Cancan dancers, invites to the Parisian Auto Salon, goodiebags, driving gear and tons of other influencer stuff to "persuede" the TDU incrowd to write something nice :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure the KT devs want to impress the spoiled veterans as well as the hungry newbies. So a stable pre-alpha with some perks is what they will need before they can even think of doing invites. Too soon would ruin it.

We all know what happened when TDU2 was pushed too early. :think:

Having said that; just bring it :smoking:
Lowkey I don't think we'll get a public beta, but the marketing will for sure be heavily pushed starting soon, they gotta start it before gameplay comes in the summer, if there is a beta or public play, I think it would only happen somewhere after July, maybe August?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

With the E3 gone, i expect all Game Studios to host their own events. And Kylotonn might have something special stored away for us.

They do know TDU3 is highly anticipated. And it will be hard to live up to all expectations.

A great open world with good driving dynamics, a stable netcode and plenty to do is what i'm aiming for. We need a new playground, desperately. :smoking:
Right now i have driven the NY Hypercar race in TC2 so many times that i probably know all the trees on that route :whistle:

TDUSC is our main focus here. So maybe Alain Jarniou can drop by and spill some beans. Uncanned. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

AlexVII wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:14 am A game doesn't NEED a beta to succeed though
I'm not talking about the success of the game I'm talking about playability of the game at release and without a beta i think that would be a big risk. :o

Most open world games have a beta test open or private as it is the only way to mass test the system to see if anything will break, if they release TDU 3 without one and things don't go as planed it will be compared to the release of TDU 2 and i don't think they will want that. :teasing-nutkick:
ImageImage
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

A bit disappointing to dot see any in game footage at NaconConnect
ImageImage
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

That's what I was worried about, the game is no where near ready for a full gameplay reveal. Sadge.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well i said may bit....... :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nice photo of in game but if this is ALL they have then how far are they behind considering it was going to be released this year. :o
ImageImage
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I bet the game is going to be graphically demanding with most of the map being buildings. So far the buildings look very basic and for a good reason, imagine rendering all of them in great detail.

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”