Champion
Champion

Another epic mod makes it to Skyrim.

The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal
by MannyGT

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

I will give this a try very soon® :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Ok, there is a Jewel mod that adds over 3600 jewelry to the game, combining tons of individual packs. But unfortunately it also renames a lot of things including a very simplyfying ingots and makes things only confusing.
So immersive jewels is not recommended.

I removed CoT (Climates of Tamriel), the weather patches and a lot of compatibility patches. Now i only use ENB Weather, an old Cloud mod i still had on my disc (Ultra Clouds) and some nice Hubble grabbed night sky backgrounds. And it rocks. Much better.
No more 95% of the time in "weather effects", but also nice clean weather that really pops with the Realvision ENB (incl Sweet FX) and volumetric fog. I removed the default fog, so now the effects do not overlap each other and i have to say that i should have done this much sooner :lol:

With clear weather the nights are a bit brighter, like it should, with darkness during heavy weather. Much more immersive than the exaggerated weather effects that keep continue to cloud up your game with the other weather mods. I have played most of my playthroughs with CoT, but i'm glad i uninstalled it. Some sound issues and "hanging" game bugs are resolved now too.
I still use ELFX 2.0 and now have a game that looks more natural most of the time.

The GTX970 renders more stuff in the distance as well, making the game more easy to coordinate and there is less annoying popup scenery now.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Another cool release from Chesko (the guy who made Wearable lanterns), called

Campfire

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64798/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

http://skyrimsurvival.com/home/campfire/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS This is a standalone campfire mod. The Frostfall survival mod update will follow soon®.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Rugnarok

Is a mod that makes the countless rugs look a lot better. It makes use of the "Detailed Rugs" meshes and has some artistic improvements in the designs. These are not vanilla design based, like Detailed Rugs, but add to the immersion of each location. Very nicely done. Small things matter. These carpets rock. Rugnarok.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64830/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like the modding community aren't happy with Steam over the new paying for mods idea. :eeek:
Petition against Steam's paid Skyrim mods hits 80,000 signatures

petition

Steam

If this goes on I see trouble ahead. :party:
ImageImage
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

I very seldom use mods but I do use community patches after support for a games ends. I thought this was voluntary and modders could charge or could offer for free, at least that is the way I read it. Sort of glanced at it but did not read the details since I just don't use. Guess if it is voluntary, I don't see an issue unless Steam plans to charge modders for uploading. If a modder wants to charge for his work, up to them.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

IMO it is a bit late to start charging for it.

Also the fee is ridiculous. Steam keeps 75% of the revenues. I first thought it was 25%, but it seems to be the other way around.

Certain Mods, like Falskaar, Wyrmstooth and Helgen Reborn, just to name a few, are of DLC quality and are most certainly worth a donation. Same goes for those community patches, where the devs fail to deliver with sloppy programming errors and no after sales patches, or not enough, the community steps in. Thanks to them the game runs a lot more stable.
And what about the work that went in making the game with Open Cities and all compatibility patches.

If steam had started the pay for mods option when the workshop was released, it would not have been a big issue like it is now.
In addition to that, Nexus does not even offer modders the opportunity to post a paypal link and simply grab all revenues from advertising. It is the best modding site with the manager and so on, but they should share those revenues as well.
Maybe now they will be forced to do so. A lot of modders do not want their mods on the Nexus because of that policy.

And when it comes to pricing, greed lures around the corner. Some will post stuff with the wrong motivation.
And if you are not satisfied with the quality of the product... :?

I see a lot of trouble for Steam in the upcoming period. Lawyers are already in play. Never a good thing. Because a lot of modders have put up modders resources to be used by others and some mods depend heavily on other mods etc.

http://www.pcgamer.com/creator-of-remov ... the-story/

On the bright side, if you ask 1€ for every download and you are successful with 10.000 downloads, you will earn 2500€, even with the greedy Steam fee. Makes you wonder how much money they make at Steam...

:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I think Steam should be very afraid, as gamers could easily move their business to other sites like G2Play.net which already undercuts Steam's prices by a noticeable amount.

So this is just Steam testing the ice to if it can hold, or if they fall in. Steam also sort of have a monopoly when it come to game hosting, none of their competitors come close, that said would you want to support them if this is the result? if you ask me, then heck no, i'll buy my games from G2Play from now on.

Time will tell if the steam will blow over, but for now it is raging!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

G2Play sells Steam Keys, lol.
They only undercut the price. As long as it is legal it is fine. But there have been rumors of game keys that were deactivated before.

Steam is still the best Gamers network for PC. Uplay, Origen or whatever the big publishers try will never be equally as good.
But that does not give Steam a free pass to do whatever they want. Ripping off the community is a bad idea. And it can backfire.

I'm not against pay-for-mods. But it should be well thought out and be implemented from the start of a game launch. And maybe there should be a threshold of 10.000 downloads or a quality control or likes/endorsementes before a Mod maker can get paid. :idea:

Return to “General Gaming”