Windows 10

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote: So i hope the rest of your can live with a bugged and slow OS,
I can honestly say I have had very little problems with win 10 I also play all of my games at maxed out settings with no noticeable problems and have never had a PC crash in win 10. :party:
Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I have a stable PC. :|
ImageImage
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The issues i had with W10Pro are only SLI and overlay related and also with some exotic drivers for specialized hardware.

The CTD can also be Crew related or Uplay. But the combination of the W10 OS and other programs is far from optimized and it feels indeed like a beta test sometimes.

W8.1 is far more stable, has better support and runs games a lot smoother as it was natively supported during a lot of game developments. W10 is not the same, despite what M$ tries to make you believe.
There is sometimes a little hesitation when opening windows and programs, that i have not seen in Vista, W7 or W8. Typical for monitoring what you do.

It must be the biggest spyware scam in the history of operating systems.

:spy:

And if any "anonymous" hacker ever gets his hands on the source codes, they had it coming. They build in this risk.

Having said that, i won't uninstall W10 as it works well most of the times and i expect more updates like the recent huge W10 patch that had the size of a complete operating system and probably was a complete new version of W10.
If that kind of support continues, i see no issues using it for a long time.

If they want to monitor how we game, good for them, maybe they pick up a thing or two :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I have a stable PC. :|
Maybe, but my system did run great with W10 but sometimes it would act really strange, so maybe I just needed to reinstall W10.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:
Bezrider wrote:Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I have a stable PC. :|
Maybe, but my system did run great with W10 but sometimes it would act really strange, so maybe I just needed to reinstall W10.
I still have an occasional spasm with Win 10 and it appears to be related to my USB connected headset. It is the same problem I noted earlier with not being able to left click on the start button to have the panel pop up. The headset is the Hyper X 2 and has it's own sound driver. I think it is a conflict with the Asus Zonar sound card. In the past going all the way back to DOS, sound was always a cause of problems. A restart solves the problem now.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Whoamus wrote:In the past going all the way back to DOS, sound was always a cause of problems.
But at least in DOS you could select your sound driver yourself. I had an SB AWE32. That one had multiple synthesizers on it. Awesome for classic games.
BTW "past" is almost ancient PC history :lol:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Win 8.1 is better for games, but i find myself really missing the Win 10 layout in the start menu. And Win 8.1 is really starting to look very dated, but somehow it offers much better game support.

I think will be during a 2-3 week trail run before i'll completely rule out Win 10, also there is the possibility that my old W10 was bugged as it was a old messy Win 8.1 that i upgraded to Win 10, so that might have played a role - but who knows... it might also explain why i had so many strange bugs like the desktop wanting to be in tablet mode (eventhough it was deactivated in the settings) and the recent game crashes might have been related to that, but i can't be sure about that, kinda makes me want to try installing Win 10 again to see if it was Win 10 bugs or in fact a bugged installation of Windows 10.

But like i said earlier i think need to do a trail run to see if any of the games i play act strange in any way, so far so good, but i expected that. ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

What do you guys think, should i give Windows 10 another shot, and try to see if a clean install would fix the many issues i had, or should i just stay with Win 8.1?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:What do you guys think, should i give Windows 10 another shot, and try to see if a clean install would fix the many issues i had, or should i just stay with Win 8.1?
Well I guess you know what I think , so long as you have a stable running PC then I would give it a go with a fresh clean install and if you do get any problems try to trace the fault as it might not always be win 10 that is the cause. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If you think the virus scanner was the bad guy, you can give it a try. And there is an option to roll back for a month or so.

But don't expect 3D MK scores to equal W8.1. Somehow that is just a bit better optimized. Maybe W10 will reach that level later this year.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:Well I guess you know what I think , so long as you have a stable running PC then I would give it a go with a fresh clean install and if you do get any problems try to trace the fault as it might not always be win 10 that is the cause. :mrgreen:
Heh yea but lol i had to go back to Win 8.1 to find out... makes you wonder why Win 10 don't post the same kind of error codes etc., but i do think a fresh install would solve the problems i had.
MadManCK wrote:If you think the virus scanner was the bad guy, you can give it a try. And there is an option to roll back for a month or so.

But don't expect 3D MK scores to equal W8.1. Somehow that is just a bit better optimized. Maybe W10 will reach that level later this year.
The virus scanner was the reason The Crew failed to get a green NAT, but i think it would be very extreme for it to actively block an installed program, but who knows it could be the culprit, i'm very curious to find out for myself, but it would suck if it was the anti-virus as i paid for it :|

And yes i do hope Win 10's codes get updated and and improved, so it is on pair with Win 8.1, but i have been using Win 8.1 and i actually really miss Win 10's layout, used to hate it at first but now looks better to my eyes than the curvy Win 8.1 layout.

- - - - -

So might upgrade to Win 10 tomorrow evening as my day is booked, bike needs to go to the workshop changing the rear cog from 18 to 20 teeth - as i had the wrong replacement part installed and 2 less teeth's means 2 less low gears, and i live in a very hilly city, and later my sister is wanting me to help her bake for her upcoming birthday, but why she wants my help is beyond me, i'm no good at baking stuff, must be a last resort - but well i was bored anyway and it might be interesting + i get to annoy my sister highlight of my day as a little brother :lol:

Return to “PC”