Test Drive Solar Crown Talk

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

On the other hand, what use is a large map, if you do not fully utilize it (TC2) or fail to deliver a community racing center or likewise, to allow the community to create their own content.
I believe they said TDUSC will be community driven.... 8-)

And who said Hong Kong is the only location? It might just be the starting point.
There were rumors about Brazil and the South of France. And i would really not mind going back to Oahu. With next level eye candy and maybe a retro (time) theme.
Plenty of options. :party:

I want to see and play it first before i judge. And from what i can see now, it is all about quality. :smoking:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
NINE EYES
New Starter
New Starter

God I hope that's not true. TDU was all about the long cruises for myself and many others, and the sense of freedom that gave.

Judging by the density and verticality of the buildings I have a nagging feeling they put all their resources into that. There is the possibility of the rest of Hong Kong though, and/or it's other Islands which are conveniently roughly the right (TDU) size, so they may be saving that for a surprise. On the contrary, if you look at Google Maps, there are other large cities on the Mainland and other Hong Kong Islands. But that would be a monstrous amount of work for them to design them all, so this is very interesting...

I highly doubt we'll be flying back to Hawaii. To redesign that for next-gen as well, would be a ridiculous amount of work. I think It would make more sense to complete the rest of Hong Kong. Which if they do, would be incredible.

P.S.: watching the trailer again, there is that scene where they're driving underneath all of the neon signs. Well, not to criticize the game. But those signs all look very similar, and some are actually identical copies. And that is a technique that they use in very large open world games to save resources. (Repeating assets). The Crew does that. There are very generic sounding names on buildings as well - to save time. So in a way, seeing this, is actually a great thing. Not to mention, making a TDU map half the size of Forza Horizon, with repeating generic assets, just wouldn't make any sense at all. I'd be willing to bet that Solar Crown will be the entirety of Hong Kong. :rightthumbup:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I really can not imagine Hong Kong to be the only location of TDU.SC.

It might be the starter location from where you can explore more locations around the world. Maybe with a Yacht or Private Plane. TDU has been about multiple locations and TDU2 had Dubai/Abu Dhabi in the works, before they went full Ibiza due to disc size and console limitations.

These limitations are gone now. And they will have to exceed the The Crew, Forza and other open World games. And remember nothing beats an original. So to do justice to their own pedigree, they will have to raise the bar, not lower it.

Last but not least; this might also be the reason why it will take at least another year before the first players will be introduced to the new Kingdom.

And even if size matters, a map full of content is key. Especially if they want to tend to a large player base for a longer period of time. The original team never anticipated the cruisers, but it was one of the reasons many played thousands of hours. Deriving too much from that player base will backfire on them and they know that.

This was just a teaser. But it will be hard to live up to the high expectations of the community, including ours :mrgreen:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I was never a big fan of the large map in The crew as in my opinion it was too large and made the game feel a bit empty.

That doesn't mean i want a small map, i would be happy with something around the size of the TDU 2 mapss for me.

I also think it will be more than just Honk Kong Island, and if you look at this photo it even hints at it with the road leading away from the island.
ImageImage
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I don't think this road or bridge is real. There are no guard rails, it seems to low to the water and boats wouldn't be able to pass through. It's probably just used for cover art with the two cars on them like in the original image.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

dpuff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:30 pm I don't think this road or bridge is real. There are no guard rails, it seems to low to the water and boats wouldn't be able to pass through. It's probably just used for cover art with the two cars on them like in the original image.
Yes i get that but what i meant was that it was like a metaphor to mean you would be able to leave the island. ;)

And the island has underground roads leading off the island. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bez wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:16 pm Yes i get that but what i meant was that it was like a metaphor to mean you would be able to leave the island. ;)

And the island has underground roads leading off the island. :mrgreen:
Ah, gotcha. :D
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Short vid on the making of the TDUSC trailer.
ImageImage
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It has been remarkably silent at Kylotonn

Only a vague release date on Steam;

Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown
OVERALL REVIEWS:
NO USER REVIEWS
RELEASE DATE:
SEPTEMBER 2022
Coming soon

And the return of "soon".... :mrgreen:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I'm a bit concerned at the lack of in game footage with only 7 months to launch. :o

I've a feeling it will get delayed............
ImageImage

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”