Windows 10

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

OMFG Win 8.1 is just as bugged as Win 10, just had 4 game freezes in half an hour... even with my malware and antivirus protection software turned off. Now i'll try just Win 10's build in anti virus program.

Upgrading now while i'm pissed enough to go through with it :lol:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:OMFG Win 8.1 is just as bugged as Win 10, just had 4 game freezes in half an hour... even with my malware and antivirus protection software turned off. Now i'll try just Win 10's build in anti virus program.

Upgrading now while i'm pissed enough to go through with it :lol:
You seem to be having a lot of problems are you sure its Windows and not an issue with something PC side :? I'm no expert but it looks like these issues are happening whatever version you are using.
ImageImage
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Not sure, I'm testing with the anti-virus program turned off to see if it is that, if it still happens then I'll try to turn of my active malware defender.

And I ran a hour long memory test in a boot up mode and my ram sticks are just fine.

It has to software issues, as the PC rand stress tests perfectly, so the hardware side is perfect it has to some aggressive program that shuts it down.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just try to play with CPU at 4.4Ghz and GPU at 1.480 Mhz. There is a difference between running benches and full time stable operations.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Just try to play with CPU at 4.4Ghz and GPU at 1.480 Mhz. There is a difference between running benches and full time stable operations.
That can be the next thing to try.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A while back, MS said that new processors would not be supported in W8 and 7 anymore. They came back on that decision

http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsitpro ... s-8-1.aspx
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:A while back, MS said that new processors would not be supported in W8 and 7 anymore. They came back on that decision

http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsitpro ... s-8-1.aspx
Makes sense. I am sure large corporate users complained. If a corporate user writes software for use with a specific version of Windows, there is a great expense to rewrite and deploy software. last year I needed a PC part in a hurry and went to a local repair shop. Ended up discussing a problem he was having fixing a PC running Windows 3.1 for a business that used it for a specific manufacturing process. This is more than 20 years after the release date.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I switched my HTPC to W10 as well now. Was a bit more tricky as i also use it as a server.

First thing i noticed is that MS lied about all apps being compatible, as they were not.
Second was that the LAN driver was not compatible with W10. That makes things complicated as anything goes through Internet these days. Stupid MS assist pointed me to online help to fix the issue. Right....
Manually removing the LAN driver and installing one from Intel fixed it. With Internet active again the rest was childsplay.

Upgrading from W7 to W10 is different than from W8.1. I noticed this already before, but with my update even the complete desktop remained the same. Optical of course.

Some programmes need to be reinstalled, like the latest graphics drivers and things like Adobe Flash. For the rest it pretty much worked out of the box.
I also opted for a different approach, as i did the base upgrade automated during the night. :ugeek:

I still have a couple of PC's running on older Windows or alternative OS. But the majority of the bunch now runs on W10. :party:

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yeah, I went from 7 to 10 and there were a few issues. My biggest complaint now is how the updating works. No notice, downloads in the background, and then either on start up or shutdown, installs. Before you would get a notification and could install when you wanted. If I need to check something quick but the update process is running, I need to wait.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I just came home from a very nice extended weekend at my families countryhouse by the beach, it was blue sky and over 22 each day, so soaked up a lot of sun, but to the problem.

I turned on my desktop like normal, but this time it froze while booting up the startup programs... So i think what the hell, and restart it - same thing. So go into the BIOS to reset my CPU and RAM overclock and try to load the system again - still no joy, but this time it posted an error "Video TDL..." error code and then i try firing up the system once again and quickly opened up the task manager to see which program made the system fail, and it turns out it was MSI Afterburner, so i went into safemode to uninstall it, and then i restarted the pc and then it booted up like normal.

But the strange thing is that i have been using that GPU overclock for over 10 months, and i have no clue why it would fail this way, when the PC had been turned off for 4 days, so a abit of a mistory, but i guess the new Nvidia 365.10 driver is to blame for my issues.

BTW. an easy way to get the windows troubleshooting tools is to hold shift down while you push the restart bottom in the windows menu, as it loads the OS options up.
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Sun May 08, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “PC”