Has Atari given up?

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

I would pay 1 dollar just to have the pleasure to sack everyone for incompetence. :P
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

MadManCK wrote:So, you justify your hacking of the game by Ataris temporary server blackout?

Lame excuse mate.
Even if i would lmao doing 300 in a 2CV, modding is still not supported and can lead to a ban from online play.

PS Whats the asking price to take over Atari?
I don't think the anti-cheat script works anymore.
Some of my friends 'modded' all the DLC cars in their garage. They also have the Lowrider and the Dodge Charger Police car.

They did that exactly 2 days after Atari's message and they can still use all those cars. Once in a while the message 'cheater detected' or something pops up, but after restarting the game on another IP, it works again :S

So much for Atari's 'so damn good' anti-cheat meassures.

I myself bought the DLC cars, so for me it's just being funny towards my friends driving 380 with a veyron being overtaken by a Lancia Delta :P But like I said, if Atari would come up with a proper excuse (because there is not a way to even send in a support ticket), several patches to fix certain things, and give proper weekly feedback, I'd get rid of all the sh¡t I'm using.

However, we both know that aint gonna happen..

I sincerely think that Atari is not comming back ..
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

@ Ramteamjax:
I do agree with a lot of what you say about Atari but I don't agree with the hacking part, not necessarily because its wrong but because I think it takes some of the fun out of the game. :(
I remember completing a first person shooter once and enjoyed it so much I decided to play it through again, only this time I modded the game to give me better and more powerful weapons I soon got tired of the game and never played it again. :(
I'm sure there is a moral there somewhere. :D
ImageImage
Boeing2707SST
New Starter
New Starter

I am wondering about something that really is strange.

I bought my game on Atari's website and also bought DLC content there. However, approximately since the forum outage, I can't play online anymore. When I click on "Start", the game will just load for quite a while and will then tell me the servers are unavailable. I checked my Internet connection and it's all fine. Anyway, I don't think I had changed any settings before playing and the NAT is Open:FullCone. I sent several messages to Atari in order to know why the game is malfunctioning. I got no reply but an automated one.

But since I like the game very much, I was thinking of re-buying it at the store, so that it would be easier to install and stuff. That would possibly put aside a lot of troubles. But before doing so, I want to know if any of you bought the game on their website and if yes, can you play it online?

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read.
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Don't know really mine is a STEAM copy. ;) Maybe some sort of account issue? However i can get online so don't know what the problem is ...
Last edited by SpeedFreak.be on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

Atari is a joke :)
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

im no tech, but i think they could have brand new custom made servers up and running by now. something is definatly not right at Atari.

maybe they have given up and its only a matter of time untill they shut down the TDU2 servers.
Prepsi

MadManCK wrote:Yes, Prepsi, you can only imagine the fallout when hundreds of thousands customers are treated the same way as the few hardcore TDU players left.
They are a fine example how not to treat customers.
Maybe having a development company in France, marketing and management in NY and operations in LA has something to do with it.
Communications is a dish, stored in the freezer at Atari.
Thing is i'm one of the hundreds of thousands of new guys...unless you count buying TDU1 on PSP before PC.
davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

To be honest I'm way past caring, even if the Atari forum re-emerges I would just post on there to tell them what a pile of crap Atari are, but then everybody already knows that, so it would just be to annoy the hell out of the mods and Atari staff! :loll:
SORRY! - Signature currently unavailable - Please try again later!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote: Thing is i'm one of the hundreds of thousands of new guys...unless you count buying TDU1 on PSP before PC.
I was referring to the Apple customers. A very large number, who would skin Atari alive if they treat them in a similar way.

Atari is missing one opportunity after the other and it looks like someone there is deliberatly driving the company of a cliff. Why? I don't know. But if you are professional and FU at this levels there is no coincidence IMO. Too bad they drag a lot of good stuff with them in their downfall.

The lack of communication and any positive signals only confirms this.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”