Formula1 Talk

Drop in and chat about anything
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to the latest rumors, Verstappen will take Jean-Eric Vergne's place at Toro Rosso next year.
That will make him the youngest driver in F1 ever.

Upcoming months will be used to prepare him for the big task ahead.

:spy:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

And now it is official

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3148 ... o-in-2015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Max Verstappen will become the youngest driver in Formula 1 history after it was confirmed that he will race for Toro Rosso in 2015.
:auto-swerve:

PS at that age he is not even allowed to drive a normal car in The Netherlands, lol :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Update:

Verstappen will debut this year already. He will drive a Toro Rosso on the Friday practise at the last 3 GP's of the Year in Austin (2 november), São Paulo (9 november) and Abu Dhabi (23 november). And also 2 more test days in Abu Dhabi.

That guy moves quick. Hope he is just as fast on the track. :party:

Coming up: The Grand Prix of Belgium at the famous SPA Francorchamps track in the Ardennes.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Very fast indeed

Lol Spa with these new cars will be a very tough race + it looks like it might rain over the weekend :mrgreen:

F1 turbo's + rain = FUN !!! (to watch atleast) :D
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That was a good race, if you look away from Rossberg's nooby move on 2nd second lap .. taking out Hamilton

Haha i lol'ed so hard when he had a piece of Hamilton's punctured tire flapping at helmet :lol:

I wouldn't have wanted to be Rossberg on the stage being booed at by the fans :mrgreen: pretty well deserved imo. :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote: Haha i lol'ed so hard when he had a piece of Hamilton's punctured tire flapping at helmet :lol:
Like instant Karma.

The public also gave Rosberg a "warm welcome" at the podium

And then there is Niki who will have a little "talk" with the drivers.... :twisted:

I liked the battle for fifth at the end. Some good racing there with Alonso, Vettel and Magnussen. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I guess it's fair enough, but i would hate to loose the engine sounds .. Formula cars should imo. always have screaming engines even it it would have to be a turbo charged 3 cylinder or a noise EV motor :P

But don't get me wrong i love electric / hybrid powered cars, but i would rather have the sounds than the quietness and only hearing the air as it rushes by.

But as long as it is used as an engine boost in hybrid cars, then it is fine ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice win of Lewis Hamilton. A bit of poetic justice :lol:

:2thumbsup:

Some cool battles from Ricciardo, who has quickly become my favorite driver of this year in F1.

Insane speeds of 360km/h, braking side by side into a chicane. Epic stuff.

Very nice car control of Kvyat, showing the Russian way of taking a chicane :eeek: .
Fastest lawnmower ever. :lol:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Good race indeed, Hamilton really needed the win, also it is nice to see Rossberg can crack under pressure, outbraking himself 2 times at the same place - the huge 200.000 € fine he got for taking out Hamilton on SPA must have clustered his brain :lol:

But the 5 sec penalty the stewards gave to Magnussen for defending and taking his line is just complete BS...
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I know you are a bit Magnussen biased, but that penalty was well deserved. He should have given the space, just like Massa did earlier. He did not leave any room and forced a car off track. Perez did the same in another chicane but did not get a penalty for it btw.

Biggest fool of the race was Chilton. What a n00b move that was. Probably won't see him drive next year. Does not have the talent.

I liked Bottas as well. After a bad start he showed what a good racer he is. And Massa giving a big nose to the Scuderia :lol:

Return to “The Lay-by”