Has Atari given up?

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Discussion
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

davejc64 wrote:To be honest I'm way past caring, even if the Atari forum re-emerges I would just post on there to tell them what a pile of crap Atari are, but then everybody already knows that, so it would just be to annoy the hell out of the mods and Atari staff! :loll:

Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

If the forums come back up before the apocalypse, I'll make them wish the forums had never been returned...
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Gatorbait771 wrote:If the forums come back up before the apocalypse, I'll make them wish the forums had never been returned...
I'd bet on the apocalypse first. ;)
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
CaptainTNT
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I think they have, the Atari forums being down all this time since they tried to put all forums in one place is not a good sighn. If they listened to their customers for stuff for the game and they got their forums running very shortly after the downtime they would be in a better position to what they are now.
:flags-australia: Mate.
I been playing Team Fortress 2 since the 24th of September 2007.
I played Gran Turismo 5 since 24th of November 2010.
I played Test Drive Unlimited 2 since the 9th of February 2011
I play Forza Horizon 3 .
Boeing2707SST
New Starter
New Starter

I was thinking the same thing as eaustinn in this post. Knowing how people reacted when Atari was to close the TDU1 servers, I wouldn't be surprised to know they just preferred being more discreete. This way, they would surely avoid a lot of "trouble". But overall, they still shot themselves in the foot.
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

Maybe it's not their intention to come up with a new forum.
I knów that Atari is 'back on the market' (read: for sale) again, just like back in 2008 and 2010.

What most of you guys don't seem to understand or realise, is that the complete management of Atari is/was filled with people who don't know ánything about the gaming industry. The last management, some investing group who bought Atari with the idea to get the most money out of it as they could to sell it later for a lot more money, were people from the real estate world, stock exchange and stuff.

I don't blame Eden Games for any of this, they've been held back by Atari on a lot of things to save money and effort.
On top of that, Atari divested Eden Games. In other words, they closed it down, but devisted sounds better ..

I don't think, after the whole blamage 'n sh*t, TDU2 is going down by the end of the year. After all, the serverlease at Gamespy lasts until November 2014. I still think that someone is rebooting the TDU2 servers once in a while, because however you put it, TDU2 has and still is their biggest income.
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

eaustinn36 wrote:I'd bet on the apocalypse first. ;)

Guess they got lucky this time :lol:
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

RamteamJax wrote:I don't blame Eden Games for any of this, they've been held back by Atari on a lot of things to save money and effort.
What really happened is Atari got fed up with Eden's incompetence and lazy, money wasting attitude, so they sacked all the wasters and were basically left with something that was worth sod all, so they closed it down, the truth is Atari and Eden are equally to blame, only an idiot would think otherwise! :twisted:
SORRY! - Signature currently unavailable - Please try again later!
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

davejc64 wrote:
RamteamJax wrote:I don't blame Eden Games for any of this, they've been held back by Atari on a lot of things to save money and effort.
What really happened is Atari got fed up with Eden's incompetence and lazy, money wasting attitude, so they sacked all the wasters and were basically left with something that was worth sod all, so they closed it down, the truth is Atari and Eden are equally to blame, only an idiot would think otherwise! :twisted:
Ok, I'm an idiot then. Because I know by fact this is not what happened.

---

Anyways, you people should read this (clickety-click). I commented to it with a rather long story. Hope they do something with it .. if they in fact áre from Atari and not some incompetent fanbase.

Return to “TDU 2 Talk”