PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:33 pm Lol, i already got a mail from them. Within 1 hour. So, they must be eager to sell me that door :lol:

Maybe the timing is better, as last time was during holiday season and the initial response was most likely automated. 8-)

So, that will give me another thing to think about. Like cable mod. But i will like black cables best. Maybe do the build first and upgrade cables later.

Cool 8-)

Well i think you should go bold with the cables as the case is so huge you need to fill it up, and black just looks meh, and cables can make or break a custom system. Btw with PSU do you have now?

Is it just extensions or are you thinking of full custom cables for a modular PSU ?

You could possibly go; black, grey, green, grey, black

You can play around with cable pattern maker https://choosemypc.net/sleeving/

Ensourced, SharkMods and IceModz are good at making custom cables, but not cheap, i had Ensourced make the black/grey/red cables for my system, but there is so many options.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Corsair AX1200i

I did order some combs at MNPCTech. Carbon fibre ones. 8-)

Extention kit would already look awesome, as they cover the "visible" cables.

Like this one

Cable mod is cool 8-)

https://cablemod.com/products/

But i can go for another combo as well. :party:

And there are a lot of custom sleevers now.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea considering you'll get the huge sidewindow then i think you need to get a modular cable kit for it, as you but able to see the cables coming out of the PSU.

I got the white and black cable kit for my EVGA Supernova 750 G2, but i kind of regretted not having gotten all white cables as i bored of the white and black look, but you taste might vary.

Btw, you doing anything about case lighting, or is that left as a after thought for now?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have seen the complete cable kit, but it is overkill and also has the wrong GFX. I hate the 6+2 cables. The PSU sits in the belly and you wont really see cables coming out. They will go behind the motherboard anyway. And getting cables for optical drives, HDD etc is not needed, as they are placed at the back. The reservoir will be the eye catcher. I don't want distractions there. Only the visible motherboard cables and the graphics card need some attention as they are in plain sight.

For me a simple extension kit will do for the visible cables. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

True, i only got two 2 PCI-E and 24-pin made when i got the red and black custom cables, so can be done. ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I killed my old stil working XFX HD 6870 ref. graphics card tonight, as i made a art piece out of it, showing the PCB which is better than it just staying at the bottom of a box doing nothing, so had the rest of an old Intel heatsink left so i just used it as a GPU stand, so now i can look at it. :)

Might buy back my old XFX HD 7950 when my cousin upgrades his pc at some point, so i can have a collection of them, but will have to miss the GTX 970 as it was to expensive to just sideline.

2017-03-15 20.16.38.jpg
2017-03-15 20.17.09.jpg

Also have some old motherboards in the basement that i was considering putting on the wall.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There are people who use old printboards as art. You can assemble some on a larger, painted silver board and make it look like some tech panel. Maybe even add some CFL .

I also think Linus has a complete wall with old motherboards, painted over.

Plenty of ways to do something creative with it.

I already recieved a confirmation from Bill Owen (MNPCTech). Package is on its way. Now lets see what Dutch Customs have for greedy surprise for me. Last time i did ship from the US i had to pay around 25% import tax.
With tax included, the door, rings and other parts i ordered will be priced similar to the whole Cosmos II case.... :o

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea i had the same idea to make something better of old hardware parts.

It is great it is on its way, but customs might be expensive. :mrgreen:

On to a some terribly sad bit of news... My pc chair made a LOUD snapping noise and scared the shit out of me, and when i look at it the one of the five wheel arms at a huge crack and when i touched it a bit it made another snap and came off and my heart just flat lined for a few seconds....

Made a quick fix for it with so wood blocks and put it on using ducktape and zipties, it seems to work for the moment but might have to wish for a new chair on my birthday next month, but the next one will have to have a metal base as i have snapped 2 chairs now... :lol:

2017-03-16 19.21.13.jpg
2017-03-16 20.11.03.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Always grab a chair with the bottom part made out of steel. I modified some desk chairs with older steel frames, before i grabbed my Miller Mirra. Best desk chair i ever had. 8-)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:54 pm Always grab a chair with the bottom part made out of steel. I modified some desk chairs with older steel frames, before i grabbed my Miller Mirra. Best desk chair i ever had. 8-)

Fell out of the chair when i saw the price of that chair... :o Must be some chair ;)

But i'll start the search for a new one now, but my fix seems to hold up well so might not have to rush it :)

Return to “PC”