PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Never got a reply from those guys in my last post. :roll:

So have ordered another GTX 1080 from Amazon (still haven't gotten my money back from the last order yet) lets see how this one goes. :pray:
ImageImage
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:17 pm It might be W10 related, as i had a lot of sound issues as well recently. If you use HDMI from your GFX, you will not have many issues.
Audio chip on your Mobo is most likely similar to the Sonar. But the surrounding electronics might be superb. Recently all motherboard manufacturers have stepped up their Sound game. It can be a shielding issue as well.

In the past a dedicated Soundcard could give you 5-10fps and less fps drops. Those days are over now.
If you use a headphone, you will hear annoying little sounds earlier.

I think you can get new ones for around 35-50€, so why buy second hand?

I don't think it is Window 10, as it is not pops and crackles, as it is coil whine like on a GPU benchmarking with under full load, being send into your ears when the GPU is under load and it is super annoying to listen to, and i'm kind fed up with it now, as my iPhone .. heck even my laptop has better sound than the shit Asus calls Supreme FX, it is a joke that my laptop has better onboard sound then my desktop with a ASUS ROG motherboard with a "supposedly" shielded sound chip.

So yea... I'm looking for a better soundcard, and i don't really see the problem in buying a used soundcard vs. buying it new, only difference is that you don't take a big hit buying it and potentially selling it again. And if it is working 100% then why shouldn't it be able to work for a few more years, plus i'm not sure a soundcard is the right option, so might as well buy it cheap and see how a soundcard works and if there is any big difference in the sound.

Edit:
I can get a used Asus Xonar DGX PCI-E for 22 euros with shipping from a Danish guy, it costs 40 euro without shipping if i were to buy a new one of it. And this soundcard seems to be the best value soundcard for casual use.

- - -
Bezrider wrote:Never got a reply from those guys in my last post. :roll:

So have ordered another GTX 1080 from Amazon (still haven't gotten my money back from the last order yet) lets see how this one goes. :pray:

Shame, but anyway will be an awesome upgrade when you can get one. ;)

BTW just saw the guy i bought my first EVGA GTX 1070 FTW from put his well .. now it must be his third 1070 FTW up for sale, for the same price as i gave for it 1,5 years ago which was 456 euros, which in todays craziness is a fair deal, so i guess i would be able to sell my GTX 1070 FTW for exactly what i paid for it, which is nice to know. :mrgreen:

- - -

Also i mentioned that i had ordered a Define C front dust filter for my Meshify C, well have a look and spot the differences, i think i put the filter in place with little to no modding, and it should improve air flow alot.
Fractal Design Define C Window Compact ATX Mid Tower Case 034.jpg
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:49 am

BTW just saw the guy i bought my first EVGA GTX 1070 FTW from put his well .. now it must be his third 1070 FTW up for sale, for the same price as i gave for it 1,5 years ago which was 456 euros, which in todays craziness is a fair deal, so i guess i would be able to sell my GTX 1070 FTW for exactly what i paid for it, which is nice to know. :mrgreen:
All of these top end cards are holding the price well at the moment, that's :shock: why the new ones are so expensive.

Got an email saying the GTX 1080 has been shipped :D
I just hope it is what it says it is. :shifty:
ImageImage
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

The GTX 1080 was supposed to arrive yesterday but didn't :(

Amazon now says the package has been delayed and are looking into it but it should be here by 16th March :roll:

I hope it arrives before the Alfa test finishes or i will be very disappointed, not even going to try and run The Crew 2 with 2 GTX 260 in SLI. :thrwocomp:
ImageImage
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

You should have taken Mads deal to have you use the GTX 780 Ti for a while. :mrgreen:

Speaking of upgrades then i bought a cheap 1 month of use Razer ManO'war headset, so time for an upgrade, hopefully it is worth the money.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like i am going to miss this Crew 2 test I've just had an email saying the GTX won't be arriving until 21st. :teasing-nutkick:
ImageImage
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ah that's a shame.

- -

Also as i expected i could just pop in the Define C front dustfilter and it only just fit the Meshify C front. I would need to mod the filter abit to make it fit perfect, but for now with a bit of sticky tape then the front sits nicely in place.
2018-03-15 12.24.36.jpg
2018-03-15 12.25.46.jpg
2018-03-15 12.26.10.jpg
Edit: Why are the pictures turned 90* to the side?

But so far, the Meshify C gets abit hot, so i think i need some fans exhausting air out of the top, but who knows - it works fine for now.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So i had an old AirPenetrater 120 fan with blue lighting so, decided to give my PC a fadded blue lighting, and i have 2x 120 slim white LED fans in the up which only run with the case temp is over 26*c, so for idle, it is this really fadded black and blue, which i actually like alot more than i thought i would.

But being able to lights with RGB lighting is awesome. 8-)
2018-03-19 15.11.31.jpg
Do you also think i need to paint the top of the CPU cooler black, but leave the pipe caps silver? I think that could make the build look much better.

Also ideally i would like to take out the center floor piece and paint it, it either gloss silver or white, and paint the PCI slot covers black i think or gloss sliver, but they need new paint anyway as it was a crap paint job i did on them.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Suprise, surprise the GTX 1080 didn't arrive. :roll:

To be honest i wasn't expecting it to arrive by now, it's been to long so i just knew it was a scammer i should of known £516 for a GTX 1080 was too good to be true. :mrgreen:

I have now started a claim through Amazon, it will take anything up to two weeks to get my money back so i have ordered another one from OverClockers arriving on Friday (i hope :pray: )

Third time lucky. :mrgreen:

I will think twice about using Amazon in the future. :think:
ImageImage
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ah that is a shame it would have nice if it would have just showed up, you should have just bought an expensive card from a physical store and not have to deal with these stupid scammers. The card from Overclockers might should up as it is a big hardware store.

What do these scammers even get out of trying to scam you?

Return to “PC”