The Crew, The Traffic

No votes

Total votes: 0
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Entering a highway and going to the left lane vertically is just asking to get T-boned... Who would want that? That is one of the most annoying things about this traffic for me.
But I have to admit I haven't played that much yet in free ride. And many times I don't see traffic be, and then it suddenly appears when, I think, I got into a session with others.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

blehz wrote:Entering a highway and going to the left lane vertically is just asking to get T-boned... Who would want that? That is one of the most annoying things about this traffic for me.
I know what you are talking about, here and there it happens. I have been driving a long time here in the US and I have seen this going both ways IRL. Across all lanes from the left to exit and from ramp all the way left to get in the fast lane. Not just 2 lanes like most in game but 3 and 4 lanes. Usually they are speeding around other cars but in game they are all by themselves so it looks stupid.
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Whoamus wrote:
blehz wrote:Entering a highway and going to the left lane vertically is just asking to get T-boned... Who would want that? That is one of the most annoying things about this traffic for me.
I know what you are talking about, here and there it happens. I have been driving a long time here in the US and I have seen this going both ways IRL. Across all lanes from the left to exit and from ramp all the way left to get in the fast lane. Not just 2 lanes like most in game but 3 and 4 lanes. Usually they are speeding around other cars but in game they are all by themselves so it looks stupid.
I have to admit though I'm not sure if this happens on ramps of highways. Maybe only on the 2 lane big roads with smaller side roads. That is a corner of 90 degrees, which they should take on the right lane, not the left lane. But maybe they did this to make it more difficult to avoid accidents, who knows.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Since I just cruise, I see a lot of the traffic. I have seen both in game but it really doesn't happen often and in at least the Flee The Country mission, it happens at the same spot every time so it may be scripted.

From on ramps the cars will go all the way to the left lane. Sometimes at ramps cars will speed through, instead of stopping at the intersection they will speed through back to the freeway. At crossroads cars will also speed through sometimes or sometimes make wide turns and travel in the wrong lane for a little bit. I just don't think this is really an issue and the devs time could be spent on more important things.
Arsinoe
Rookie
Rookie

I don't think the traffic is bad at all. Like Whoamus, I drive in free ride extensively. It looks like traffic was tweaked a few weeks ago because I am starting to see more gaps between cars in adjacent lanes than before. I see some cars behaving erratically, but I see that driving home from work daily:)

At least I don't see any AIs suddenly appearing in front of me, or behaving like space craft (going warp speed all of a sudden) like in TDU2.

But I like having traffic...I like dodging around cars, playing chicken, etc. It keeps me on my toes :)
Favorite car: Whichever one I'm currently driving? * YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FollyOfArsinoe
Arsinoe
Rookie
Rookie

DudeX wrote:...and playing The Crew on a controller is more easier than the keyboard in my opinion.
Try driving using a keyboard with inch long fingernails...
Favorite car: Whichever one I'm currently driving? * YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FollyOfArsinoe
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Traffic is way too passive IMO. Even if you drive very slowly to the wrong lane, they wont brake or swerve around you to avoid a collission.

Erratic is fine and can even be funny sometimes. But completely indolent is not.

I disagree with those who think traffic is just fine as it is now. It breaks immersion in a further living and interacting world.
And with a few small tweaks to the way they interact it can be 10x better already.

:auto-crash:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Arsinoe
Rookie
Rookie

Well, this is a game. You start making traffic too realistic then you'll be sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic in LA, DC, and NY between 6 and 9 am and again between 4 and 6 pm. Or waiting for AI police to clear an accident scene. Or getting stuck behind a school bus driving at 25 miles per hour, or worse, a school bus making constant stops with red lights flashing. Only simulator fans will end up wanting to play. I think the developers compromised somewhat with traffic to make the game playable and fun. If traffic becomes too realistic, you can forget about driving at speed anywhere but the rural areas, and then, only in the off-hours. The AIs now do behave unpredictably enough to give a taste of realism without making the game aggravating to the majority of players. Traffic is much more realistic than in TDU. As I said in my earlier post, the traffic is just fine to me. I know I don't want a simulator.

I'd rather see the developers spending their time on more important things, such as fixing actual bugs (like stats).
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The whole development team is still working on The Crew, so that argument won't stand. Unlike TDU2 where only a small team was left to fix bugs and create new content, Ivory has made a deal with UbiSoft to keep the whole 80+ team active on The Crew, fixing bugs, creating new content, cars, new missions and new activities on the map and improving the whole game in every aspect. Traffic is part of that. Game stats, cars and physics are done by other departments. They are very well organized over there at Ivory.

I don't expect full simulated realistic traffic. But the way traffic behaves now annoys me. It stands out in a negative way. A bit more interacting should not be too hard to do.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Arsinoe
Rookie
Rookie

The game has been up since the beginning of December. In the time since, I have finished the main story line, drove thousands of miles, and my stats still show 0% of the game completed. My cars show zero miles when I enter the game unless I've driven earlier in the day, and then they only show the mileage of that day. Sounds like the development team is right on top of things...

Return to “The Crew Game”